BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 12, 2007

T - 2 #2

Sunday is nearly here and I forgot to taper! Bugger!
And I haven't developed a hydration strategy or visualised my transitions yet!

I'm going fully geared up this time, so I really should think about how I'm going to get out of my wetsuit and into my bike shoes, which I will be picking up this afternoon at my bike fitting, which I am having because I am so madly keen and professional (*laughs hysterically*) - actually it was included in the bike purchase and I'm all about freebies.
I'm sure 24 hours is enough time to learn how to not fall over while unclipping my pedals. In a hurry. Under race stress. (*laughs hysterically again*)
More anon, daredevils!

*UPDATE* In answer to Dante's question, my nephew is doing the shorter Brooks because his swimming isn't up to the longer distance. He and my sister decided weeks ago but didn't tell me (because I am so overbearing and tiresomely enthusiastic?). I am pleased for him because I was a bit concerned how he'd go in the water and didn't want him to be put off triathlon by a bad first experience. Now I can cheer him on (and give him a shellacking next year)!

7 much-appreciated comments:

Wes said...

You could have left that part out and we never would have known the difference! Good luck in your race! Have a great time!!

Dante said...

Best of luck for Sunday, this is the showdown with your nephew, yes?

Celeste said...

Good luck lbtepa! Reading your blog made me dream about triathlons - I thought I was just in the run but then realised I had to swim and ride too. I jumped into the water wearing my running shoes and carrying my water bottle and soon realised that I couldn't swim like that! I was so disappointed but realised I couldn't continue anyway because I didn't have a bike! The dream ended with me deciding to stick to running because the swim and the ride were too hard!!! Good luck Sunday - may your race have absolutely no similarities to my dream!

Simlin said...

Good luck with those transitions...I believe it is customary to fall over at least once...

Linda said...

Good luck for Sunday x

Anonymous said...

good luck on Sunday, but i know you wont need it as you will "ride like the wind" (a great song) Anyway enjoy Sunday.

Frankie

Duane said...

Have fun!!! We anxiously await your race report!