The rest of this post is even more all about me than usual, so feel free to go and do something keen and inspiring and write about it in your blog (which I will then read and benefit from. Mwahahaha).
It's the end of August.

I'm happy with some of the numbers.
Swimming - 22/23 = 95%. Good
Exercises - 19/26 = 74%. Could be better
6 glasses of water/day - 25/26 = 96%. Good
Thesis - 17/16 = 106%. Pleasing
AFD's 5/16 = 31%. Needs work. I did grapple much more with this issue rather than pretending it wasn't there. The total volume was way down even if the frequency wasn't. I'm not giving up.
The other numbers - weight and measurements - despite daily exercise, were not pleasing. 900g lost in a month. 9cm off my body in 4 weeks. Hmmph *scowls* It's no mystery whatsoever how this has happened. It's because I have been scoffing 'extras' - morning tea, Noddie's crusts, second helpings, takeaway, dessert....WTF? I never eat dessert - like a deranged combine-harvester.
Now the plan is this.
Next month I will continue to track the same 5 things, including daily exercise bike in the "swim" row.
I have written messages to myself on our fridge, next to the pantry and over the stove. TBUS! FTF!
Think
Before
You
Scoff!
and
Feel The Feelings!
LBTEPA will become the poster-girl for "Mindful-Eating-R-Us!". I will!
Apart from that, it would be really cool if my final ethics approval would arrive and I could start recruiting subjects and maybe even get some data to analyse.
So how was your August?
More anon, my friends.
10 comments:
Man, the Feel the Feelings has really been overwhelming for me. E-mail if you ever need to talk or share!
Nice going for the month, and great that your ankle is all healing up.
As for the AFDs, I find it easier to give stuff up when I'm not trying -- the more you think about it (and not having it), the more you want it whereas if you are busy with something else, you don't even notice. I'm trying to do that with coffee atm cos my caffiene consumption is getting ridiculous.
I have been feeding the feelings instead- damn, I have had it wrong for so long! You are making some great progress there- especially the weight loss! Don't complain until it becomes a gain okay....
Well, August was better than July, which was better the June....
And I don't mean just food and exercise, but this whole 'my life has tipped completely upside down' thing. April, of course, was the pits.
But everything just keeps getting better and better. And this comment is all about me and not even slightly about you!
dude, you have a clothesline!?! That's so cool!
now why are you scowling about LOSING weight and cm? are you trying to gain? If so, we'll have to cease being friends!
i think you are doing spectacularly well!
I've had better Augusts..then again, i've had worse!
:)
I just love your chart all marked up. LOVE.IT.
Sounds like you had a right good month. :)
I'll be doing my tally later today. I think my August was a mixed bag.
Coming back strong, there, Aussie Gal :-) My August was fantabulous :-) Thanks for asking. I will trade a slightly less then lady like ankle for one that is rock solid and tri-ready!!
Hey,
August sucked. But I learnt more about myself than I have in about 6 months.
Check out the following if you want to know my September plans. Time to stop kidding myself and start the change.
http://www.craigharper.com.au/gyst.htm
Jessie
My August has been fine. Thanks for asking.
You can be my Mindful-Eating-R-Us poster girl anytime.
Hey gorgeous can you drop me a line a strokd@gmail.com about why you had your surgery on your ankle , whether you went private or public, the wait and the whole process of healing etc? Im curious as to what I may be looking forward to
Post a Comment