Thursday, March 15, 2007

Now the plan is this...

Yes two posts in a day you lucky ducks, but I really cannot leave that load of 'please feel sorry for me' shite dangling out there. I actually just popped back to delete it for the second time but the lovely Jadey, Sue and Celeste had already been kind enough to comment so I couldn't wipe it out again!

So: I have a lot to do and am feeling overwhelmed, especially by the uni stuff. I also have to redraw my exercise goals and plans for the winter a tad, which I tend to make a big deal of - boohoohoo, eh?

Now the plan is this:
Stop whining!
Keep journalling my food. Whatever I shove into my gob gets written down. (a thought: savour and enjoy food rather than shoving it into my gob? Hmmm)
No more whingeing!
Do all my prescribed stretches, every day. Be thankful for them.
Lose the complaining!
Count my blessings and deliberately notice things to be happy about.
Enough of the bleating!
Weigh myself daily to keep an eye on things.
Banish my sooky la-la twin forever!
Do something off my must-do-or-the-soft-boiled-eggs-will-hit-the-fan list every day.
Give up grizzling!
Appreciate my friends.

What I might also do is come up with a list like Jadey's, of things I'd like to do!
Did I tell you my new hobby? If I see a woman whose outfit I really admire, I go up and tell her I think she looks great, smile, then walk away! It's fun :)

Today I am happy about having a coffee date with the Spousal Unit before he went to work.

More anon!

9 comments:

Cinders said...

Does this mean a trip to Bendigo perhaps???

Wes said...

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Good news is you'll come back stronger! Mentally and physically. Hang in there, girl! Try to stay away from Noddie's leftovers :-)

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I've got a similar hobby. People think I'm strange, but I figure if someone looks good they deserve to hear it! There's too much negative stuff floating all around in our world, why not give someone a little positive reinforcement?

Jadey said...

That sounds brilliant! Plus you are doing something nice for someone else that makes THEM feel happy!

When you write your list take some serious time. It took me 2 weeks to get mine and I still have blank spots LOL

Unknown said...

Nice hobby...way to make someone smile. :)

Flea said...

I've kept a food diary once too and it really helped me to stay on track on to know what's next too eat or not to eat. Still annoyed that after all this months I've only lost 5kg's so far in 5 months, I suppose it's better that nothing, hubby thinks I look good and can tell the difference. Same here, one half done Uni assign which is due Wednesday and then TWO in TWO weeks time, I'm buggered already.
Take care and have a sooper dooper weekend too, thanks for you lovely comment.

jeanne said...

i LOVE the part about telling women they look good! you are spreading the LOVE! Don't forget to spread some right back to yourself.
:)

Duane said...

Sorry to hear about the aches and pains and no race next week. Get well soon and watch those carbs!

Wayne said...

Sorry to hear about the injuries, , I hope they do come good soon enough.

Thanks for your support re the LAths training, it's a little daunting but I am looking forward to it.

As for training, once Portarlington is out the way I'll be looking at a long base period before I have a crack at a couple of 1/2IM's this summer (Shep and Geelong). If you're in need of company on a ride to Whittlesea and beyond, let me know as I daresay you almost ride by my house. Don't worry about speed or anything...all slow and steady.

Best of luck with everything =)