I drove to Bendigo through the darkness, singing along to happy upbeat songs. I was ready to throw myself onto the mosh pit of my blog friends' social effortlessness and be carried along by their sparkle and insouciance. I wrapped my fears in my new dress and my hot red knee-high boots that J gave me for my birthday and sashayed into town.
But then there was too much noise, too much smoke, too many people, just a bunch of stupid stuff - nothing at all to do with the fine women I had driven so far to catch up with - and little Mrs "I wish I went out more and had more friends" just panicked. Lame sooky la-la "I don't-like-this-I wanna-go-home". So I bailed out. Sheesh. What a (insert descriptor-of-lameness here).
I got a taxi to my car and slept for a couple of hours. Then I drove home, listening to the cricket. It was an exciting game.
Don't worry, my head is full of all the criticisms my friends will be too polite to make.
Let's never mention this again.
*MUCH LATER* I DON'T KNOW WHY BLOGGER TURNED OFF THE COMMENTS!! IT WASN'T ME!!
2 comments:
On the other hand, some things are just NOT worth doing. It's hard to sort out "I"m scared," from "I'm bored." I think your intuition kicked in this time and you listened to it. Rock on, girlfriend! You have better things to do!
Oh, i've had MANY a social occassion saved by a quick (and sly) getaway!)
Those boots sound GRAND.... ANYthing that can make you SASHAY has to be a winner!
Post a Comment