Thursday, March 15, 2007

Crestfallen

It seems that in my enthusiasm I have overdone things to the extent that my feet, shins, achilles tendons and knees have banded together to plot a rebellion and Save The World. Luckily they Have Spoken in time to prevent serious damage.
My magic men (my podiatrist and my physio, who did you think I meant? Sheesh, you people...) have ordered complicated and painful stretching, icing (with frozen water, not the good kind on cake) and no running or cycling until next Wednesday. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No triathlon for me next weekend. We will decide about the Run for the Kids next week. Medium-term prognosis: complete recovery. Long-term plan: gradually increase cycling kms over the winter.
Not helping is the fact that I have been feeling almost paralysed with apathy lately. Tax-type stuff needs doing, Uni stuff is screaming for attention and I will soon get into serious trouble if I don't do it, my bathroom and floors are putrid...and here I sit eating rice crackers, and blogging. Better than systematically scoffing all the carbs in the house like I did yesterday, I suppose.

More anon, searchers-for-inspiration.

5 comments:

Jadey said...

Oh nooo!!!! Hopefully the rest will o you the world of good and you'll be back and bouncing in no time. Now step away from the rice crackers.

Sue said...

Oh god, I know what that injury-induced carb cramming is like! I've finally lost the kilos I put on after my knee injury.
Swimming?

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Mmmmm.... rice crackers. Gotta get me some of those.

Sorry you're in injury limbo too! But it's kinda nice to have the company ; )

Unknown said...

Bummer about the injury. That is never any fun!!

jeanne said...

ooh this is just too much.So sorry you have to miss two races. Sucks. Do the magic men know what happened?

I like the other kind of icing better, but i'm guessing that won't help you heal any faster. bummer. If it helps, I'm sitting on my arse (look! foreign spelling!) blogging and eating while the dust piles up around me. way more fun. (well, and guilt.)