Friday, March 23, 2007

If I only had the nerve...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*Please note: for full effect, the following should be read in a particularly nasal and whiny tone*

Life would be so much less tiring if I wasn't scared of things.
I'm scared to run on my poor sore feet and shins, even though the physio told me I can, and HAVE TO.
But I'm going to the gym to run on the treadmill in about 10 minutes when J gets home.
I'm scared to go to the Bloggers' sleepover in Bendigo tomorrow night - I don't know anyone! And what will I wear? You haven't seen these girls! They are gorgeous!
But it's all organised and J is razzing me for being a la-la so I have to go.
I'm scared about being six weeks behind in my thesis.
And the only thing I can do about that is dive into the library whenever I can and f#$%ing well get that f#$%er done. I WILL do well in spite of those useless bastards messing me around.
So of course there is a plan; it'd just be easier if I could get my shoulders down from my ears (*sigh*).
Today I am thankful for Noddie playing hide-and-seek with a little girl while I was queuing at Medicare, as until recently she would have told the little girl she didn't like her and to go away LOL.

More anon, yellow-brick road followers!

10 comments:

Cinders said...

You know me, you know Beckie, you know Ails, you know Phil, you know Jadey - ok maybe we were all in a dodgy karaoke bar at the time and there was lots of champagne flowing but don't worry - you'll be fine. What are u going to wear? As Ails said, "It's Bendigo", so I think almost anything goes. You can count on me in just a pair of jeans and perhaps my red birthday top or something similiar.

Now get thee to the tready and run.

MorseyRuns said...

A sleep over! How exciting- hope you stay up all night and talk about boys! Hope you found your run very "doable".

Wes said...

Attack with gusto, LBTEPA! You never know whats going to happen until you give it a go!!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

There's a saying "Feel the fear but do it anyway!". Go and have fun.

Kathy said...

A sleepover? Or a wide awake?

Hope you had a blast. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

KLN said...

Have a blast (and what's a little fear -- isn't that washt gets us to the start line?)!

jeanne said...

oh i'm scared of everything too. Really. You have no idea. I've spent years working on it. When you are licensed you can take over and work on me and my being scared. You know the only cure, right?

Just do it.

:)

Anonymous said...

i am not a social being. i hate being around people if i don't know more than 85% of them. love individuals, don't do crowds. i panic socially.

(this is about the veil)

The Candid Bandit said...

Seeing as you closed comments on the above post, I wanted to say that Im glad you are ok.

You looked amazing! Your dress and boots were va-va-voom!!

I wonder where your car was parked while you slept because we went home about 30 minutea after you sent the text to ails and we didnt see you or your car. :(

I didnt realise you were that nervous. You know us and have supported us for ages. We are the biggest dags and there was no need for fear.

Im really pleased you came and we danced, albeit for a short time.

xox

Anonymous said...

Praise be for children growing up!

I was particularly grateful to Lucas whilst I was talking to Mr ANZ bank loan guy for sitting and playing with the box of toys the bank provided, whilst being particularly well behaved. I won't say he was playing quietly, coz every 5 seconds he'd say "Look Mum, Look, a Car" or "Look Mum, Look, a rocket", but all the customers and staff were just smiling at him, and he made me VERY proud... (insert glowing smile here)

Now at home, on the other hand... well that's another story...