This week I am a crock, I tell you, a complete crock. My knees ache intermittently, the soles of my feet hurt almost all the time, my right arch hurts like #$%* when I run....I am seeing Chris the magician podiatrist on Thursday, and taking inspiration from Katy, Jeanne and Duane who are managing really serious injuries and medical conditions with good humour and self-control. They aren't sinking to the floor in a catastrophising heap of woe, or bleating mightily while considering self-medication by chardonnay. How do they do this? I have no idea. I just wanna be like them
(I don't know why YouTube wouldn't let me sign up and play this).
More anon, groovers
6 comments:
Spot on!
Glad you had this epiphanny.
Chardy is awesome pain relief. ;)
I am so far behind, but I will add my thought that employed slowpokes like me (with a life beyond triathlon) can only take on one physical/athletic challenge per year. For me, this year, it is running, but believe me (1) I miss the pool, and (2) I cry to myself in my head about how much cycling time I'm missing.
But c'est la vie, I can't really do EVERYTHING. Can I?
oh my.
all i can say to this totally UNDESERVED tribute is: give me a week. Then get ready for six weeks of non-stop bleating, woe-is-me-ing, and a detailed examination of how much weight I'm gaining and fitness I'm losing.
Then you just might have to take me out of that mighty triumverate!
(Though I must admit, it's nice being there while it lasts!)
:)
GOOD LUCK
Wow, I hadn't thought about chardonnay! Hmmmmmm! Good luck with the podiatrist!
I learned this aswell this semester, I wanted to do so much (at uni) but scaled down and I'm still thinking and wondering if maybe only I can try or squeeze something in. LOL
Sorry to hear about the injuries, rest well and it will heal well.
Loved your posts, it made me laugh.
Take care.
i shouldn't have read such praise today. it's the first day of THAT week. i'm crampy, my lower back hurts, my hip hurts, my skin itches, i've vacuumed, mopped and stuffed raw meat and chicken necks into bags for the dogs. i'm really pretty cranky today, but i just had an easter egg and read your post and saw the youtube thing. i feel better already. louie and the ape king singing "i wanna be like you" is probably the only song i can sing (screech) to without the aid of printed lyrics or accompanying music. it's my only talent.
it'll get better, because it has to get better.
i used to freeze smaller water bottles and roll my feet over them to help my feet. it's cold, but it worked.
Post a Comment