Wednesday, September 21, 2011

where there's life

Yesterday I was wandering around in quite a foul mood, partially due to the fact that the 2kg I painstakingly whittled away over six weeks seems to have found its way back in a week come on we all know I have not-all-that-latent weight issues that stage spectacular escapes from their cages pretty much this time every marathon, and partially due to the fact that I sort of wanted to/felt that I "should" be working out but due to Domestic Concerns was unable to work out what would fit in with both everything else I needed to get done (a lot) and what I felt like (nothing) . After some time it occurred to me that perhaps this EXTREME GRUMPINESS was because I was still quite tired after (ahem) "racing" 21.1km on Sunday, and perhaps I might have another day off. I must point out that this is a notion that a Stupidly Determined Very Slow Marathon runner can grasp only after some effort.
The following thought crossed my mind:
It was only a half, why would I need two days off?
....deafening silence.....
...sound of head being slapped....FFS, you idiot. Get. A. Grip.
You will be glad to know that when the echoes died away I repaired to the recliner and stayed there. There's even hope for Team SD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Al, you can take two weeks off IMHO. You have earned it. Sara