You'll be thrilled to learn that I had a great 12km run this morning, despite the fact that just before I left I discovered that my immensely comfortable, flattering and EXPENSIVE shorts had given way in the thigh seam. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! The change of attire for modesty's sake which this necessitated resulted in my disturbing the Spousal Unit for a second time at You're F%^&ing Joking O'clock aka 4.20am OMFG that's a stupid, stupid time. Shame on you, Sk1ns! Expect a stern letter soon.
Unfortunately this great run was interrupted by some pretty rugged knee pain and followed by a quite tiresome and very cold 9km walk home. I tried a bit of a trot about 3km from home and it had mostly gone, but so had any energy, oomph, determination or let's-just-get-it-the-#$&%-done whatsoever. It was a short trot. I think (HOPE) the pain was because of ITB tightness, and I'm pretty sore right now so the Plan Is This: ice and ibuprofen today, foam roller on Monday ow ow ow and stretching like Gumby for the next two weeks. Another thing I'll be doing after today is going back to my old iron supplement. I don't think the new one is up to my energy requirements.
Please note that LBTEPA's press secretary would like to emphasise that this morning was not a disaster, debacle, shattering, crushing, a bad omen, a harbinger of doom nor a worry of any kind. The judges' decision on this matter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Now let the taper begin! I *heart* the taper.
More anon, trailblazers!
2 comments:
bring on the taper!
*insert Homer Simpson voice*........hmmm..taper..
Wobs
Post a Comment