Thursday, September 22, 2011

A cautionary tale

Gather round, children, and hark to the wisdom of your Auntie LBTEPA.
If you decide to have that extra glass of wine to celebrate your refinancing finally coming through, and also Noddie's first piano performance at assembly (well done little mate!), and then decide that you'll have a bit of a sleep in, but that will be ok because you've put dinner in the crockpot before work and also J has the day off so there will be a window to get your run done in the afternoon, which will also be good practice for TBLRCU because it's a warm day and you've mostly run in the cool so far.......
mark my words, gentle readers, it will all go horribly wrong.
The Spousal Unit and Noddie will both be sick and miserable and you will look after them and make sure they are ok becuase you love them, and you will get on your bike trainer at 8.45pm and watch Tristan Miller run across Mongolia and not think about how tired you are or how yet another run has gone down the gurgler because of another stupid lazy decision, because You Are An Athlete and that's what you do.
And next time you will remember that "later" does not exist.

4 comments:

starfish264 said...

And such is life. We learn, we move along (and sometimes we deliberately ignore the lesson later!). However, know this: at least partly because of you, I have now decided (and entered and paid for no less) that I might just be able to complete a half marathon. Eeeeeeeeek-oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god!!! It will be slow, and probably horrible painful, but I'm going to attempt it none-the-less. I'm blaming you. At least partly.

So thanks for being an inspiration :o)

Now next time - get going and run, damn you!!!

Unknown said...

that kind of stuff always happens to me when i don't do my runs as planned first off in teh morning

Anonymous said...

Plans?? I don't even have responsibilities like yours and my plans get wrecked daily. I guess training is an exercise in learning to develop contingencies for you Al- and you seem to be doing it MAGNIFICENTLY!
Sara

Wes said...

oh my... funny how words of wisdom just seem to drop out of nowhere (Australia?) :-)