BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 27, 2007

rubik's rehab

Boring boring boring.
Flat flat flat (apart from my burgeoning midriff).
Mojo? Mojo? Wherefore art thou, mojo?
No wonder the comment numbers have been dropping off.
*sigh*
Well pardon me for sounding like Marvin the Paraoid Android - if you haven't read the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy I don't want to know cos I have recently seen myself in the bathroom mirror in the cruel early morning light and I don't need any more reminders of my vintage (see midriff, above).
So anyway after sweating for weeks over whether my constantly sore achilles/ankles/shins meant I was overdoing things trying for 3+3+3 (swim+ride+run) training sessions per week and thereby heading into a tailspin of chronically injured decrepitude (see mirror incident, above) I saw my physio this morning.
Apparently when you have had an outrageously unstable ankle your feet, shins and calves get used to that, and when the ankle gets all stable again the other bits of the rubik's cube (please tell me you know what a rubik's cube is, or else just kill me now) get all confused and weird and don't know what to do - and tighten up and get all sore. Come to think of it, I shouldn't be surprised: I've had relationships end just like that.
Now we can correct for this new state of affairs. No running this week (awwww, you mean no run 3 minutes/walk 1 for 5km? Boo f#$%ing hoo), even more peculiar exercises added to the daily repertoire, and a review in a week. Yes to cycling, yes to swimming (did I tell you I was thinking about an event in December as a post-thesis treat? Don't tell the Spousal Unit, he already thinks I'm a loony) and it's all good. None of it was because I did anything wrong. It's all normal normal normal and part of the rebuilding process.
All I have to do now is cheer the heck up, stop eating like a combine harvester and stop spending Noddie's inheritance on ebay. Such a bore discovering new dysfunctional stress responses. But it does prove I'm adaptable, no?
Take care everyone, especially the lovely Nancy, Geekgirl, Duane and SB who are racing this weekend. Go hard and have fun.
More anon, grinners!
*EDIT* I just realised this is my 200th post! Thanks everyone for hanging in, you are such darlings and your support means a lot to me ((hugs))
A joke to celebrate: why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide!
hahahaha LOL FOCL ROFL oh I crack myself up......

12 much-appreciated comments:

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

You always make me laugh "stop eating like a combine harvester". LOL

Not only do I know what a rubik's cube is, did you know that they are all the rage again with teens?!?! In this age of video games and whatnot, the rubik's cube is actually making a comeback. Who knew?!?!

Wes said...

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. The other muscles need to get back into the correct program! Work it, LBTEPA!!

MorseyRuns said...

Good luck with the rehab! I am no fairweather blog reader- I am here for the long haul! Even though you aren't that happy today you are usually a great ball of positive energy. Maybe your body needs a bit of rest to sort itself out.

Kathy said...

I enjoy your posts so much. I have a confession - I was never able to solve the Rubik's cube. (I have a maths degree .. just no patience!)

Hope the new exercises help heaps and that you're back running soon. Hugs.

Wil said...

YOU are fabulous. Just, period.

Simlin said...

All the cool kids read the Douglas Adam's. And if they don't they sure have seen the movie...but all the nerds will agree that the TV series was better.
Just make sure you throw out all the Chaff.

Dante said...

I had no idea there were so many open water swim events going on, perhaps cause I've never really enjoyed swimming that much before. So many options, so little time/money....

Look after than ankle, is the Whittlesea ride still a plan in the future?

Dante said...

Actually, just seeing the 55km ride coming up in Dec, the Whittlesea ride would be small fry...

Java said...

Hiiii, I did not desert you I swear I swear! Here I am see! Hann here btw.
This is my new url etc. Java-girl I tell ya and all!

Sorry to hear you have an injury sort off again, take it slow matey and keep taking it slow, your bod knows the best. You are still doing great!
Catch ya later.

GeekGirl said...

Oh, ebay. How I love thee. last month, I was adding to my collection of skorts. This month: corduroy pants. Where would I be without ebay?

Siren said...

Don't panic ; ) I can't imagine there's a single soul cool enough to hang out on this blog who hasn't read Hitchhiker.

Jadey 0:-) said...

Oh joy! I'd been hoping that the shin, calf, knee etc would start feeling better but maybe IM better off living with that pain instead of getting used to the dodgy ankle and having the pain to go through again after the ankle is fixed