BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 02, 2007

Thoughts on the F-word #2

So.....I wrote all this maundering navel-gazing shite about how I’ve changed since I was 30, have become a better person (most of the time) and like myself a lot more and really feel "good enough" now etc etc bla bla bla
Then my computer ate it. This was obviously the universe telling me to stop being such a half-back flanker, time to let it go now....
So give thanks to the five elephants holding up the world that you are spared more faux-ironic pretending-not-to-be-wallowing-in-self-pity-but-actually-seeking-"it's ok you're not really so old "-type-sympathy rabbiting on.
Then I realised that life is not complete without something making me feel faintly ill with trepidation, so I am doing this swim on Feb 25th.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I will do pretty much anything for fish and chips LOL.

Has there been nothing but tilting at windmills and lamenting lost youth at chez LBTEPA? Not at all!
I have a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL WOMEN who wish that a personal stylist would just bring them clothes that look good so that they, that is, we, if you follow me, don't have to go shopping and feel confused and sad about spending money on something that looks awful, or at least not as good as we'd hoped.(Short pause while LBTEPA is dragged away by the grammar police for a beating)
Since I read Trinny and Susannah’s book What You Wear Can Change Your Life and worked out what colours and shapes actually suit me I have thrown out a third of my clothes and bought about three tops and suddenly everything goes together! I have had compliments from the fashion mavens at work, as well as from people who actually like me! It's the best fun I've had for ages! The Spousal Unit is also extremely pleased *wink*
More anon, fashionistas!

11 much-appreciated comments:

kathrynoh said...

Whenever I read stuff about styles that suit me, I don't like them so I just wear what I like. Apparently I should wear wrap dresses - that's what every book and magazine seems to say, and I hate them. I reckon they make me look preggers.

I do like Trinny and Susannah even if they are a bit too fond of flowing scarves!

Wes said...

You can have all the sympathy from us old folks that you want. As a fashion impaired individual, I admire your get it done attitude where fashion is concerned. Teach us! :-)

lisa jane said...

I used to love that show,ive always eyed off the book too.Its my bday soon and im off to buy new clothes so maybe I shoukd pik it up along the way before i waste any more money on clothes that just dont suit me.

airlie said...

maybe i should read that - i ahve three wardrobes full of clothes after just giving away ten green garbage bags full! i feel an ebay super sale coming on!

Scarlet said...

I must have a read - they always seem so much fun...

jeanne said...

I love that show! I wish someone would nominate me. I think I need to start dressing worse.

and yay on the swim thing-y signup!

jeanne said...

p.s. you're really not so old. 40 is the new 30.
:)

IHateToast said...

hey hey hey!
none of this winking and spouse pleasing! this is a family blog. i am still 39. easily led astray by those saucier 40 types.

M said...

Hmmmm my BWSNBN is next year so I will be seeing how you cope and take my cue from there LOL. And if you keep doing those enourmous swims and active type pursuits you are going to look 30 before you look a day over 40!!

I like your list. It does show that the world doesn't have to end because you've been hit with a few (too many) horrid things. That good things can still happen. And usually when you don't expect them.

Good luck with your swim :D

Spark Driver said...

Sshhh, don't tell my wife. Throwing out a third of your wardrobe sounds EXPENSIVE!

michelle said...

Just read your list of the past 10 years and all I can say is WOW!! What a life turn around. I am 5o next month and don't know enough to take such an honest look...