My ankle is a mess
It hurts to walk, it’ll be forever until I run again or even get on the bike
Why do I f#$% everything up all the time
It will take eons to get fit again
I nearly weigh The Number again and I don’t care,
Why don’t I care? Because I am lazy and I suck
No wonder I have no friends/am so fat/have such awful clothes etc etc
Oh woe is me, oh woe!
(and you, my dear long-suffering readers, would be saying, there she goes again…)
But
That crybaby sooky-arse la-la has been banished to the sleepout, and I am running the show, mwahahaha!
And I have A Plan!
Like my poor Bulldogs (another football team for you, Wes) I need to get Back To Basics. What things are contributing to the downward slippery-slope of sloth and lardiness? What can be done about them?
Currently, pain + inactivity + other stresses = helplessness = eating and drinking and whining.
There is little to be done about the first two for the moment, as activity is pretty much restricted to what my ankle will take, which is not much. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation and Patience. And Stretching. So that would be RICEPS. Or PRICES. Anyway. On to the rest of the sorry equation.
I know what works for me in terms of motivation and habit change. Small changes. Failure-proof, a-bit-hard-but-not-too-hard goals. Regular small rewards. What can I do that will give me all these things? Aha!
*drumroll*
Star Stickers!

I knew you'd be impressed.....
In order to get one of these little treasures on my calendar, I must
- stretch and do my physio exercises
- STOP when I realise I’m eating from tiredness or anxiety or anger
- Seek the support I need from J.
- challenge ‘it’s no use, you may as well give up’ thoughts.
- not more than one alcoholic drink, and most importantly
- strive for cheerfulness!!!
Don’t laugh – actually, laugh if you want to, it’s not your motivation that has gone AWOL! This will be the magic that transforms the LBTEPA universe!! So far (three days into the experiment) “Star Days” have made me smile as I rebuild my physical and mental strength. I *heart* my star stickers!
More anon, twinklers!
13 comments:
I am sending your ankle so many positive thoughts- I should be the shocking warning of what happens if you don't listen to the physio- it will plague you all you days.
Good luck with the one alcoholic beverage but remember as my mum tells me "everything in moderation, including moderation".
Hip ray for stars! Can I have some...
Do you know I love the idea of your stickers LBTEPA! I don't have a calendar at home (everything is on the computer) but I might try and find one and invest in some stickers of my own. What a great visual reminder! I love it!!
Hmmmm I should only get one if I do my stretching......
Grit your teeth, growl, and get down to bizness, LBTEPA. You are da bomb!! Luv the stickers by the way...
What a great plan. Have a star **
Always fun to read your blog ....
Take care of the ankle and do what the physio says ... !!
Eat Em
Woohoooo! What an excellent plan. I've used star stickers in the past to stop being such a slob around my house and they really do work!
I think you have helped me! I can really relate to this post as I tweaked my freakin' ankkle again! Arrrggghhh! You're funny too!
i want star sticker!!!! seriously!!
do i earn one just by wanting it?!?!? pleeeeaaaseee!!!
You are such a positive person A. I love the sticker idea, I did the same with my food diary once, if I were good I would draw all sorts of smiley faces, exclamation marks and stuff and wrote 'yipee' etc. It's called visual stimulation or visual reward?
I am bored and lonely today, Perth is grey and coldish, I want to eat! but after reading this I'll get stuck with some uni work rather.
Ta.
as a primary teacher - you are just missing one thing! What do you get if you get a star sticker on EVERy day for a week?
Love, love, love the star stickers. After reading your post i am going to borrow the idea. As I am getting all sad on my arse because I can't run and have turned to teh dark side of mindless eating and drinking.
Thanks for the gentle kick up the bum.
You're a star!
Post a Comment