Lest We Forget.

I am cross with myself because my stupid ankle is a bit tweaky after I didn't-even-roll-it-just-lost-balance-off-a-curb yesterday during Noddie's and my 6.5km Epic Adventure Walk to Daddy's Work And Back. It took us about 3 hours, what with detours through Secret Parks, stops to turn Teddy's pram into a train (Noddie's obsession du jour; at least when it was a train she didn't want to leave it behind in someone's front yard), a sausage-in-a-roll picnic in Bunnings' car park, and we've-counted-twenty-houses-so-it's-time-for-another-bikkie breaks. Gosh that kid is a trouper. I was so proud of her I nearly cried.
I've been feeling a bit fed up all this week, for no real reason, but am remaining true to the LBTEPA code of stoic cheerfulness and have earned a few more stars. Hey, you remember I was fancying myself as a bike guru? I cannot BELIEVE the difference moving my cleats back 1cm has made!! Oooh I felt so strong and powerful as I trundled along on Minerva yesterday! And guess what? I think the mothers' day fairy might be getting me a biomechanical bike fitting! Bliss!*does excited girly hand flap*
Best be orf now chaps, as I have to get something vaguely resembling a 2000-word research proposal done by tomorrow afternoon.
More anon, bibliophiles!
2 comments:
You would be proud of me, LBTEPA! I researched ANZAC Day BEFORE I saw it on your blog :-) You are such a bad influence...
dang. i need to adopt your star system. what's the opposite of stars? cuz that's what i'd be getting for the opposite of STOIC cheerfulness...
and ANZAC..i didn't know there was a day for it, so thank you for educating us. I saw the movie Gallipoli, and it was one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. (The original, not the remake!)
If we didn't have these things to inspire us..well...i have no end to these sentence, so i will go be quiet now!
Post a Comment