Sunday, April 22, 2007

We're baaaack!

Minerva and me, we're back on the road, bay-beeeee! Woooo hoooooo!
My wonderful physio, he of Infinite Powers of Healing, has Spoken. And he has Said that Minerva and I may once again ride out through the land. And the people (well, me) rejoiced!
He also said when you can hop you can run. People with IPoH make obsure pronouncements like that. But don't you worry boys and girls, hop I shall.... Project Skippy is underway as we speak - I'd tell you about it, but the details are so top secret I'd have to kill you... well actually they're so boring you might die, involving as they do tiresome and repetitive exercises on steps. Moving on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So Minerva came in from the back verandah and was dusted with a baby wipe and had her tyres pumped up. Then I rode her dowwwwwwwnnnnnnnn the big hill we live on to see if I could remember how to use the flicky-flicky gears (I could), then uuuuuuuupppp the big hill we live on to see if it was any easier than last time (it wasn't puff puff pant pant). Then off we went out into the wind and the fresh air and the spits of rain and I felt more alive than I have for weeks. *beams*
Now my glutes are tired, but that's good because it means I'm actually using them now LOL. Three guesses as to how I overused my calves so badly *pouts*. Life is so full of possibilities for biomechanical error, isn't it? My ankle feels a bit sore from twisting my foot to unclip, which is a bit of a worry, but I will think about it later. Since I'm fancying myself as a bit of a bike guru these days (hahahahahahaha) I'm going to move the cleat on my right shoe back about 5mm to see if it fixes the unbalanced feeling when I pedal. Tres fascinating, no?
My next post may be from gaol as the Spousal Unit has been giving me such SERIOUS 'tude* about picking up after himself lately that I may have to have him taken out.

More anon, bipeds**
*Ooooh I am so scary and gangsta LOL
**and a big hello to any quadrupeds who may be reading as well! Everyone is welcome at Chez LBTEPA, we're not picky AT ALL

10 comments:

Celeste said...

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo welcome back! So, um, are you going to be a good girl THIS time?

MorseyRuns said...

I agree: Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! Hope everything behaves itself and you are able to train with little thought of the consequences!

Anonymous said...

you have inspired me to ride my bike tomorrow! hurrah!

Wes said...

Hoorah! I'm sure Minerva missed you. No surprise you have a little bit of reconditioning, eh? Have a little mercy on the Spousal Unit. I'm sure its genetics :-)

Anonymous said...

Your posts always make me smile!

Welcome back to the good ship Minerva, may she always fly with the wind in her sails!

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey you!

I have posted at the original http://chunky2spunky.blogspot.com/ - so stop hassling moi!!!!

xxx

Flea said...

Whooo hooo, you sound so so happy!

Jenny said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing such encouragement... I look forrward to reading yours and following your adventures!

Duane said...

You always give me a good chuckle!