Positive? Moi? Why thanks darls!
It's been hard to write lately because I have been feeling so up and down.
It might all seem relentlessly positive; that's because that's the mindset I am trying to create for myself. Underneath there's always that little voice....
I am so sad that my ankle hurts and feels weak and unstable
I'm talking big about the Mother's Day run but I am NOT confident about doing it
Hurting myself again would be really bad
When did my waist turn into a beanbag?
Do you really lose all ability to lose weight when you turn 40? That WAS sudden!
I hope I'm not hurting myself with my new cleat position
My house is a mess
I feel like such a failure
I can't live like that. Boring, waste of energy, unattractive...you fill the gaps
So the plan is this...
I am Acting As If these are true
I am strong and healthy and I heal well.
I am lean and I drop weight easily.
I am determined and capable.
I am cheerful, and always look on the bright side.
I know it makes for boring posts, but it gets me by.
And by Acting As If, I will Make It So.
I coudn't be smegged vacuuming yesterday so I moved all the furniture around instead :) My house is still dusty but much more chic.
On our Saturday Train Adventure today, I took Noddie up the Rialto Tower. I love being up high!
10 comments:
Noddie gets such cool outings! I love the furniture moving idea (might do it tonight before BF gets home from pub to confuse him)
Of course you can drop weight- I am sure you have done it before and know exactly what works for you.
Oh fun, I've never been up the Rialto. Must do it sometime.
Injuries are so unfair, nothing worse than wanting to get out for a run and not being able.
I know it's a cliche - but focus on what you CAN do, not what you can't. And keep your eye firmly on the big prize.
I didn't think there could be any good in being injured - but I've discovered cycling and yoga! Good things! I still want to run (and I WILL!) but at least I've got positive distractions until I get there. And I may just end up fitter and better than I ever would have had I NOT been injured!!!
EVERYTHING happens for a reason, sometimes it just takes a while to figure out what that reason is.
Chin up, girl. There's a silver lining here somewhere.
love it! i say this to the kids at school all the time because thought is so powerful! "fake it til you make it guys!"
smegged ? What is that?! I can relate to your post a lot! I try to change my mind to keep those nagging little bad thoughts at bay.
Yes! Please define smegged! Wikipedia is clueless :-) We are the sum of our thoughts! Go kick some ass, LBTEPA. You are da bomb!
You are right, right, right. What you think about you bring about. Good on you for staying positive, it's not always easy.
one more vote for 'what is smegged?'
and I do believe that by Acting As If, you will Make it Happen!!
you know what they say - fake it til you make it! Ha - I've never been that good at it tho...the little negative voice inside somehow creeps its way out.
But that is all changing, albeit slowly!
I must say I was thinking of you and your all-positive twin the other day when I went for a run...my brain said legs are tired, can't breathe etc - but with a bit of positive distraction (i think I can stuff) I got there - thanks in part to you!
So here's to faking it all the way! Well, at least through the Mothers Day Classic :D
(I'm doing the 4km again - hoping to better my time from last year)
Keep up the hard work
Jessie
I could say something about 'smegging' but I won't ..... :-)
You said ... I coudn't be smegged vacuuming yesterday so I moved all the furniture around instead :) My house is still dusty but much more chic.
That's one way of doing it ..... lol
Stay upbeat and take care ....
Eat Em
Post a Comment