BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Overnight sensation

Well boys and girls thank you so much for your kind comments on my New Job. It is likely that there will be Numerous Gratuitous Capitals in this post as I am officialy Over Excited. After almost ten years (it doesn’t sound so bad if you say it fast) of on-and-off part-time study, taking breaks to have Noddie etc etc, I will finally be working as a psychologist, for a depression support phone service. After three months I can start to work in the other types of services provided by this agency, such as drug & alcohol work, suicide helpline etc etc. As well as allowing me to actually earn a living at something I'm trained to do and fairly good at *does happy dance* , I'm hoping that having this job will make it easier to get into the Master's program I am aiming for next year.
I couldn’t be more flabbergasted. You see, most people – even my dear Spousal Unit – have this image of LBTEPA as effortlessly goal-oriented. I think of something I want to do, I set a goal, I make a plan and I go for it. True. But I never really believe things will work out the way I want them to. Why should they? The world doesn't revolve around me. So every single time I manage to pull something off, every single time a plan comes together ( *puffs on imaginary cigar* cause I love it when a plan comes together) I am astonished, delighted and extremely relieved. I got away with it again!
I have three more weeks in my old job - give or take a long weekend in Perth visiting my very best friend, hurrah! – an excellent send-off lunch, a week off to finish our tax, burn down the house, oops I mean clean out the study and the sleep-out, and then my new working life will begin. The weekend I finish work is also the tenth anniversary of that memorable evening when J and I got together (let this be a warning to you: drunken one-night stands can go horribly wrong) so we are off to a posh hotel in Bendigo for some (ahem) “couple time”.
Yesterday Secret Sara and I rode to Whittlesea together. She did 20km extra at each end, making a round 100km! Go Century Sara!! You are a legend!
Here's another entry for Captain Obvious 2008: riding with someone like Sara is So Much Fun! Conversation topics included clothes, weight loss strategies, dogs, bike saddles, gatorade, psychotic killers, Fear Of Hills, and training with hangovers not that either of us would ever do such a thing no no no no. I felt very heartened that I could manage 60km fairly easily after three weeks off. The possibility of actually doing the Hills O’Doom ride is still hovering in the back of my mind. I’ll decide closer to the time so the Spousal Unit and my doctor don’t have me committed.
Today will be my very first run since the Gold Coast Half. I wonder if I can remember how?

More anon, excessively cheerful types!

13 much-appreciated comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Hurray new job! Hurray 10 years of happiness with lovely husband! Hurray fun bike ride! You have so much to be cheerful about- and thanks for the ride yesterday and the advice.

IHateToast said...

i learn so much with this blog. in australia, you call it "couple time". where i'm from, we call it HOT MONKEY SEX!

oh, that wasn't about slang terms? you were being subtle? okay. my mistake.

kathrynoh said...

Many things to be happy about :D

I'm always surprised when things come together too - it's one thing to plan organise but with stuff like jobs, there's always stuff that's out of your control. But well done, you're worked hard to get to where you are!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on the new job! Yay you!

airlie said...

100ks? Seriously? I find that hard to do in a car!!! YOu should be way proud!

SWTrigal said...

That is awesome about your new job! And yes-you will remember how to run..
:)

Wes said...

So much exciting stuff! I'm happy for you :-) Running is like riding a bike! You NEVER forget how ;-)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I agree that time goes quickly when you're having fun. It's so much easier to do a long ride when there's someone to chat with.

Some exciting stuff happening at Chez LBTEPA. Have a nice weekend get-away.

Kevin said...

Once again, congrats on the new job. It is easy to tell you are super excited.

jeanne said...

as i read this i kept thinking "LBTEPA reminds me of someone..." and then it hit me: Bridget Jones!!! You write just like she does! (OK, I know she's imaginary. sheesh.)

You ARE a legend!!!! Did you say 60km???!!!

I have no doubt you'll be promoted in very short shrift, and next thing we know you'll have your own radio call-in talk show and i can call in and you will tell me how to fix all my problems! and don't forget the book deal, too!!!

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!

Java said...

You're coming to Perth!!!
You're coming to Perth!!!
You're coming to Perth!!!
You're coming to Perth!!!
You're coming to Perth!!!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Don't you dare NOT catching up with me!!
I'll e-mail you my mobile number!

Oh and off course congrats on the job! LOL

Steve Stenzel said...

Yeah for the job!!!

And what's this comment on Wil's blog about "your eyes wanting to run away from your head"???

Seriously, the funniest line I've heard in a while.

;)

Jenny said...

Great news about your job - that's inspiring and wonderful!