BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Oooh

When I got my letter of offer for my New Job (did I mention I have a new job?) it wasn't for the one I'd been interviewed for!!
*Short pause whilst the grammar police take LBTEPA away for a beating*
Naturellement I went into a flat spin, immediately assuming they'd mistaken me for the chickybabe in the interview group with the sheaf of extra-specific hard-core fab-o certifications - and I'd resigned my old job and told everyone and it was all going to go horribly wrong. That's normal, no? After repeated frantic phone calls I was on first name terms with their receptionist, a kind person who reassured me that she would, she really would pass on my messages as soon as the HR person got in (now go away and stop ringing please).
I'm wavering between being flattered and terrified at being told what happened: the interviewers sit down with the HR people and work out who they think would be best on which phone service, and they decided that I would be best placed on their suicide help line! Am I up for it? They think so, and by crikey I will do my level best to be.
You know what? Three weeks off running is like starting again! Ow ow ow. My calves and my foam roller are back hating each other, my balance feels off and I am frantically re-reading Chi Running to try and recapture the magic hahahahahaha. Breathes in, breathes out. Patience, grasshopper. This too will pass.....
We've just had the morning pack the bag with lunch/homework/show and tell/face washer/drink/money for 'incursion' (= visitor (with dress ups this time) - don't ask, just do not get me started on what a complete (starts with W rhymes with plank) Noddie's kinder is, just don't get me started) frenzy. Noddie and the Spousal Unit have set off together hand in hand up the hill. Awwwww.
The washing is folded, the dishes are done, the beds are made. Minerva and I are out of here!

More anon, fanciers of fluffy green cocktails!*
*grasshoppers LOL I am so funny

11 much-appreciated comments:

simlin said...

Fantastic news!

what will be your number incase it ever comes up?

kathrynoh said...

Congrats. I'm sure you'll be fantastic in the role and it's definitely flattering that you've been offered it.

Wes said...

You, my dear, are going to be fab :-)

Jenny said...

Do you WANT this job? It sounds very intense and emotionally taxing - do they provide support to YOU? In any case, congrats on them finding you every bit as capable and worthy as we all know you to be!

Kevin said...

Congrats.. It sounds like you are well prepared for this job.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Jenny asked the best question - Do you WANT this job? If so - it's a fabulous opportunity, if not - may want to nip this in the bud.

I have confidence that they've placed you correctly. Congrats. :)

Benson said...

well now. is this good news or what? you'll be fab.

Dante said...

That's fantastic news, I'm sure you'll be great.

As for my family, the new bubs is now a little over 11 months, her birthday is in a couple of weeks. It's sad how time flies. Dee is going well, we're getting there, you know, now that I think about it, I should have pushed her harder to walk with you, it would have done the world of good...perhaps I still will.

No good about the Kinglake ride, yet I'm planning on doing quite a bit of riding for fun rather than a training focus this year and I've planned to go over both courses they have scheduled. If you're even keen, let me know. And no, don't worry at all about speed, that definitely wont be a focus at all.

Take care.

MorseyRuns said...

If I was going to be talked down from a high place then you would be the perfect person (or talked up from a low place- you know what I mean!)

IHateToast said...

yes, ask yourself if you want that job. but whether you do or don't, YOU are the chickiebabe. no one else was.

21stCenturyMom said...

Congratulations on getting a job! I'm hoping your good luck rubs off on me.

Can you teach me how to set a goal and then go after it? I tend to go on the 'just roll into it' plan which sometimes leaves me rolling in to a ditch.