BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 08, 2008

As you were

Blogger mates are the BEST. Thanks so much for your thoughts and concern ((hugs)).
When my future employers emailed yesterday to tell me that they are placing me in the job I applied for (depression support) after all, my response was 30% disappointment and 70% relief. If I had ended up working on the suicide line I would have made sure I did a good job, and I do plan to work on a higher-demand phone service in another six months or so...... but it would have been a very intense introduction to my new career. This will be much more manageable. Twenty-four more sleeps until "I'm going to" (be a psychologist) becomes "I am". I can hardly believe it. No more sleeps until the Olympic opening ceremony!! I have watched every opening ceremony since 1976 in real time. Three a.m, schmee a.m., if that's when it's on, that's when I watch it. My getting up for the Athens opening ceremony was a bit of a suprise to the Spousal Unit, since the Sydney Olympics were in our time zone and everyone watched them, but he's got the idea now. I'll get at least one sleeve of Noddie's new cardie knitted tonight. Last time I was embroidering her christening dress - ah, memories..... I'm tipping plenty of martial arts and possibly some fireworks, waddya reckon? Then it's a 24/7 sportfest for the next two weeks at casa del LBTEPA. By the end I will want to strangle the stupid parochial channel 7 announcers -I am interested in sports even if there are no Aussies in them! I don't wanna see the ones we do well at more than, say, twenty times!! Grrrrrr!* -and will have sworn off all products from any of the major sponsors. It's the price I pay. There's always SBS.
Iron Wil's HTFU and get your lardy arse out of bed mantra -
Get up. It sucks. Then it doesn't. Go and Train. It sucks. Then it doesn't. In that order. Always
- was the only thing that, well, H'd me TFU and got my lardy arse out of bed and into the freezing starry morning for a run. It was the first time since I've started again that I didn't feel like Dumbo minus the avian capabilities. I wished I'd gone the long tights instead of the shorts though, brrrrr.

More anon, sportsfans!
*always good to practice ranting in advance

12 much-appreciated comments:

amoss12000 said...

Great post.

Finally somebody agrees with my opinion that I don't just want to see the aussies at the olympics - in fact, I'm supporting Montenegro - just to be different!

That's why I'm watching my olympic telecast on SBS!

jeanne said...

oh the ONLY athletes we ever cover over here at the u.s. ones. sheesh!

so i'm confused about the job...did you end up with the one you wanted or didn't want? Depression or suicide? What's your pleasure?

Tea said...

LOL--Jeanne's reponse!

I wholeheartedly agree with....
EVERYTHING.

Bring on the OLYMPICS and not just the local peeps please!

Simlin said...

I've seen that free hugs guy down rundle mall...looks smelly...kind of like hugging someone after a long run.

Miss Beck said...

I'll be up watching the Opening Ceremony too. I loved hearing about your memories (noddies Christening gown) that are linked to the Games.

Jessie said...

I agree about the Olympics - I mean no matter how great the athlete is, after the 12th time of seeing them do a PB/break a record/stumble across the line, it does get a little bit boring!
Personally, I hope we Aussies do really really well, but yes, I WOULD like to see a few of the lesser known sports get a showing too.

p.s. Thanks for your comment, it put a smile on my face - you always manage to put me straight. I'll do the C2S for the experience and then get right back there on that horse! LOL......

p.p.s. i'm a little confused, which job did you end up with?

jeanne said...

Go depression!!!

Wes said...

I hereby decree LBTEPA will kick ass at whatever she has her heart set on :-)

Other countries go to the Olympics? Who knew? ;-)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Hopefully you are relieved about being placed on the depression line as a start.

airlie said...

Iron WIl sounds like a legend!!!!!!

Jenny said...

weren't those opening ceremonies da bomb??? I had a race this morning so I didn't stay up for the whole thing but it was so gorgeous!

IHateToast said...

i went from one nationalist country to another. from mutant pixies (gymnasts) to gargantuan shoulders (swimmers). i long for other sports and other national anthems.

so, bring on the badminton players!