
1.45 pm saw the surgeon
2.15 pm had xrays
2.40 saw the surgeon again
- definite ligament tear, which should have responded to treatment by now
2.45 made appointment for MRI to check out possibilities
- bruised bone?
- cracked bone?
- cracked off piece of bone?
(Short pause while LBTEPA indulges in extensive profanity)
SO
Friday night - MRI
Thursday week - surgeon again
NO
running
riding on my real bike (because of clipping out)
buying shoes and stuffing my gob with shite
YES
swimming
exercise bike
complaining
BETTER NOT TO TALK TO ME. I AM IN A
VERY BAD MOOD.
More positive, solution-focused, blessing-counting stuff ANON.
NOT NOW.
17 comments:
That's CRAP! Standard comfort food will not cut it in this situation. This calls for some heavy duty emotional eating. I'll help. If you eat really, really, really fast you can fit more in before you feel sick.
Shall we start with chocolate?
lol at celeste! that is such a crack up!
but you poor thing - if it makes you feel better i just sat here and swore at the universe on your behalf too!
Go invest in a few cheap pedals for your bike. They will be fine until you can clip in again. In the mean time, tear up those other exercise disciplines and work out your frustrations, as loud as you want :-)
awwwwww crap! :( i'm sorry mate... xx
Go buy a punching bag - you can work out your frustrations and get a workout at the same time.
Hope the news is good, damn doctors.
I feel your pain and frustration. I recomend a good bottle of wine. Only the best for the injured warriors. Hope the news is good. until then do as I did and live in denial. :)
Here's a big virtual hug.
Only a short pause for profanity? I'd be slamming doors and throwing things too.
I'm sorry that you didn't get better news from the surgeon. I hope that the surgeon comes up with good treatment options for you.
Did you know "the more you complain, the longer God lets you live"? My mum could complain for Australia, and we (her six loving children) regularly remind her that she's going to live forever.
Mind you, if you're planning to live forever, you'll want that injury sorted. Good luck with that.
When I broke my hand earlier this year (out from any activity for 8 weeks ..... aaagaghhhhh.. all my friends kept my distance the first week!)... I found the following diet worked really, really well;
Red wine (lots of)
Chocolate (quite a bit of)
Cheese (usually consumed with the wine)
More red wine.
It seemed to work well and sure it helped mend me quicker... ;~)
Be patient with the recovery - hard but necessary! Good luck!
I agree- lots of wine and throwing things, and eating, don't forget eating.
Aw, that's the suck. (I've got a tear in my shoulder too, but in a "manage the discomfort forever" kind of way now that therapy has healed what it can. I'm skipping surgery if I can.)
I recommend the wine and chocolate cure. Do me a favor and drink the wine I'm not allowed? : )
BUMMER!!!
Karen's suggested diet sounds good (wine and chocolates). I'd even join you for a virtual toast of "THIS IS SO NOT FAIR".
In the meantime, I've discovered ebay! You know what this means! What fun. My very first bid was successful, which I hadn't expected. Waiting for my first purchase to arrive. It's totally self-indulgent, a digital photo frame.
Bugger .....
GGet home, kick anything within sight and yell at everyone .... then but knitting needles.
Seriousily, get the cheap pedals for the bike and get out there ...
How things sort themselves out for you .... in the meantime take care of yourself.
Eat Em
PS : You are coming to CR drinks I assume ....
at LEAST you can swim! and bike! means you will not turn into lard bucket like i did after 11 weeks of NOTHING!
i'm sorry, i still win the misery contest.
:)
seriously, this sucks. best wishes pouring your way.
at least you have a nice breast plate of gold.
and i assume en pointe is out, too?
nice blog ill put you on my blog roll im looking for my first marathon this year
I can't help but laugh, sorry ... not at you but at all the great advice you've been given! Shall I help too?
Post a Comment