Noddie seems to have contracted a galloping case of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Her attitude du jour is "make me!" and phrase of the day is "No!" It's very tiring and kind of disheartening. Having my oldest (single, childless) friend (A) visiting from Perth and witnessing my struggles to maintain some semblance of harmony made it harder. I felt almost ashamed that she should see me like this. A said she was glad she didn't have kids because she knew she wasn't patient enough. She's a good friend.
But then on Saturday I was cleaning out the pantry because we had ants, yucky and I was being all sooky and saying ooh there are ants on me (there weren't, I was just carrying on) and Noddie came straight over and started trying to brush them off me. All together now: awwwwwww. So maybe she'll stop fighting about everything one of these days.
She loves knowing the names of things so she's pretty happy that the three kings in Dick Bruna's Christmas book are (of course) Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar - and she decided their camel is named Andrew (because she loves Playschool so much).
*I do know that Noddie doesn't actually have ODD. Her behaviour is exceedingly tiresome but age appropriate, dammit. SHE WILL GROW OUT OF IT
6 comments:
Yes - she will grow out of it. You've gotta love how worthless our 'mean well' friends can make us feel unintentionally... But then look how old I am and I can still make my mum cringe with my behavior....
More than likely, Noddie was viewing your friend's visit as a form of competition. I think she won! A future Ironman!!
Yeah She'll grow out of it - probably the week after she moves out of home :)
Technical grade boric acid. Do an Internet search. It's great for ants (and roaches) They never learn to avoid it, and it never wears out or loses its effectiveness, unless it gets wet. You put it under appliances and behind drawers in your cabinets, and brush it into cracks where you see their trails, or in your case, at the back of your pantry with large heavy things in front of it. Seriously. Try it!
I am still growing out of a few things.
she'll grow out of it...and into a lot of other fun stuff! whoo! just hang on. you'll make it.
Post a Comment