Noddie is watching Play School after our exciting morning visiting the Myer Christmas windows via train, tram and escalator. Wombat Divine has been one of our favourite books this Christmas, and Noddie and I spent ages peering at the incredibly clever and detailed displays (apologies to the window cleaners for the finger and nose marks). You will be happy to know that the Spousal Unit WILL receive Santa's bounty this year, thanks to Borders being on the way to the station. Here's a *raspberry* to Dymocks online who have let me down badly and will never again profit from my impetuosity.
I have been tagged by the lovely Jeanne!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I haven’t had eggnog but I’m sure I’d like it better than hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them! Lots of them!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White outside if we get around to putting them up, and coloured inside.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? First weekend in December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Roast pork with 7 vegies
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Finding the pillowcase full of presents at the end of the bed. Singing carols around the piano to my grandma.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Huh? What are you talking about?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? If you can see any green then you’re not trying
11. Snow? Umm, not wanting to be too obvious, but it's summer here
12. Can you ice skate? No
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My overlocker and my mp3 (thanks J, mwah!)
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Having all the family together, Christmas music, and mince pies
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas pudding with custard.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing cricket in the yard after lunch
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Can I say both?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O come all ye faithful (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) and I’ll be home for Christmas (Bing Crosby) which always gets me all sniffy because it reminds me of the year I desperately wanted to get home for Christmas but couldn’t.
20. Candy canes? No
21. Favorite Christmas movie? A Bush Christmas, and Miracle on 34th St
22. What do you leave for Santa? Mince pies (even better now I am Santa LOL)
Now, I’m not tagging anyone because we’re getting to flat-out pre-Christmas mode. But go for your life if you like!
Wishes for a very happy Christmas to everyone.
Saturday, December 23, 2006