But that's bullshit. It was a horrid day. J was extremely worried and upset by something that happened at his work. We defaulted to our dysfunctional stress response. I didn't live up to my own standards and I feel miserable now.
But know this, my friends: the best thing about yesterday is that it's gone. The best thing about today is that we get another go at doing things better.

More anon, horizon-gazers!
Photo is from Randy Marthins' FB album Postcards from the curb
Photo is from Randy Marthins' FB album Postcards from the curb
5 comments:
There are always days to say F# it! and go on a happy binge.
First of all I did not realize we are the the same age. You know the best thing about that? We age up next year. That means our very slow marathons are now justified by life experiences. People are no longer surprisedby our finish times. Rather they are surprised that we are out there* doing it*. Just like that crazy woman who said ANY EXCUSE TO STOP RUNNING. Nothing like putting her own fears on disply.
Well, now I don't remember what my other truly significant points were.
I think I'm gonna drink a Fosters to this, cause I'm never too old ;-)
I have a blow out day once a week- sometimes I decide when that is, sometimes the universe decides. But one night of well earned off plan eating doesn't undo all the hard work from the past months. I hope you enjoyed that squid and bubbles because it sounds yum! Sara
I want bubbles :)
Post a Comment