Friday, September 11, 2009

Yawn

I glanced at the clock yesterday morning, clicked off the alarm so as not to awaken the Spousal Unit and rolled out of bed to run. Drink, chew, dress, go. It was dark, as I expected. Unexpectedly, however, it was still dark when I was half way around. The bakery people weren't sweeping the footpath and the loos near the station weren't open. That's when it dawned on me.... I'd got up an hour early. I'm such a dill! But all the other hardcore athletes (ahem) out there greeted me, and it was pretty running by the creek listening to the birds. It was also good practice for the unmentionable time I'll be leaving home on Saturday morning. But let's not go there yet.
It's Noddie's school concert tonight. We are all wildly excited.
More anon, dawn treaders!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL .... Doh

Haave fun at the concert

Take care

Eat Em

MorseyRuns said...

That, my friend, is hilarious! I have just noticed your long run list on the side of the page and I am now bowing down, saying "I am not worthy" and averting my gaze.

Wes said...

hardcore! lurve it!!

Duane said...

Now that made me smile!

jeanne said...

ha ha ha!!! a legend. you are a legend.