Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Tumbling

Hi hi hi everyone!. I had the funniest post almost finished and then it didn't save, so there's another gem lost for posterity. Oh well. At the moment I'm feeling as though I live in a tumble-dryer - warm, purposeful, a bit confusing, quite enjoyable.... but always at the back of my mind there's this please can I just stop?
Noddie and the Spousal Unit have been as sick as I have ever seen them. Poor loves. Thank goodness they are getting better at last. Please send a prayer to your preferred deity that my immune system holds up against the barrage. Note to self: get some of that olive leaf extract Sharyn recommended.
I have two more long runs to do - proper long runs, not the 'just for fun', yet, as always lately, glacially slow....le sigh.... 21km I did on Sunday night. What's happened to me? What sort of person says, thank goodness, only three hours on The Schedule ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SCHEDULE this weekend? I just can't think about 35km. I can get ready for it, and I will do it, but I can't think about it. Too. Scary. Yet horribly fascinating at the same time. I'm focusing on the shopping trip planned for afterward with Mrs W, my partner in team Stupidly Determined. We're getting matching shirts! Have you been over to my fundraising page lately? I've had to raise my target total again! I am so grateful for everyone's generosity.
I have eight and a half thousand words to hand in before M-day as well. Not much hope of escape from the dryer in the near future, but as I said, it's warm in there. It's time to really focus on my priorities. I do too much housework anyway.
More anon, sparklers!

3 comments:

Wes said...

Yay! I hope you have to raise the bar several more times. I have your email safely locked in my inbox sose I don't forget.

You don't worry about these long runs, and stop with the moaning about yer slowness. You KNOW that on long training runs time matters not. JUST GET IT DONE!

You GOT THIS!! :-)

starfish264 said...

You amaze me!! You're holding all this together - caring for your family, training and your academic work ... aaaand a sense of humour!! Truly inspirational.

Your previous commenter said it - time doesn't matter - conquering it does. At the end of the day, you're running these training runs on your own which I personally find one of the hardest things ... the actual marathon is going to be so different, cacooned in the midst of 100's and 1000's of other runners. You are going to be just fine. x

jeanne said...

I bow down before you. I don't know HOW you are doing this training all on your own! I would be a quivering heap of humanity! Plus, you make it all sound so easy!!! I'm in utter, total awe. :)