Par-tay number one with a bullet was the Gold Coast Marathon post-race gathering. I'd been so worried and scared and so weary and sad and I was just so f#$%ing RELIEVED to be finished and surrounded by my friends who all understood why I kept wandering around grinning like a fool saying I. am. so. f#$%ing. brave and were kind to me and made sure I had champagne. Clothes? Lots of finisher t-shirts. Food? Wedges ring a bell; there may well have have been pizza. Mmmm...pizza...Music? Bar tunes and I recall some footy (possibly both kinds) on the tv. People? Lots of tired and happy-looking skinnyfasts with varying degress of sunburn, mostly wearing medals. It was also the last time Team SD was together in all its loud fabulousness.
Honourable mention in the party stakes goes to Noddie's circus birthday. And I didn't have to run for six hours to go to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment