Monday, November 22, 2010

Uncharted waters

I'm baaaaaaack! This is not me. This is my beautiful circus assistant
How have you been? Oh my but I've been having fun since last we talked! When I'm on top of my game (when my iron and thyroid levels are behaving themselves), I looove that surfing-the-wave, can-I-pull-it-off?-I-bet-I-can! feeling. I love planning great things and getting them done by the skin of my teeth. I love kismet delivering the missing piece to make the good the greatest, and I love charming everyone into believing in the vision so they'll help me and make it even better.It was Noddie's circus birthday party on the weekend, and that was how it went. This is me, and my other beautiful circus assistant
In other news:
I've managed to survive a visit from the inlaws, Noddie's birthday, including a long-wished for and well-hidden DSi, two uni placement reports, three-colour jelly, two birthday cakes, remembering how to work my sewing machine (to make my ringmaster's costume), an emergency trip to the vet with our old dog (she's fine) and a circus party for nine seven year olds including juggling, hula-hoops, a death-defying trampoline, a terrifying high wire (made of the a-frame and a couple of bits of wood). Next day my sister's dog tried to bite my Mum's elderly jack russel, and I spent a couple of hours in casualty getting cleaned up and a tetanus shot to remind me that little dogs have extremely sharp teeth. I couldn't ditch the usual wife/mum/work gig, alas (joking!) and I've been slowly, gradually, impatiently building up the daily workouts to a level where they're not a leaden slog - and, one hopes, some of the Lard O' Distracted Over-Indulgence starts to shift. Apart from the Small Bitey Dog Incident, it's all been ever so ace. I've fallen into a (temporary) pleasantly satisfied heap now it's all finished.
Which brings us to the present. I have a Chart! Oooh it's a lovely chart. Lots of Smartening-Up and Doing Stuff Properly stuff (see: shifting Lard O'Distracted Over-Indulgence). Lots of pacing myself, lots of rest. Blogging twice a week to keep myself honest and keep in touch with the outside world. It has many other splendidly tickable boxes designed to rebuild the fun life of healthy habits, self-discipline and fitness that I accidentally lost in the move last summer. I can't find the old one - I've looked everywhere! -so I'm making a new one.
More anon, manic grinners!
I'm sure the sugar high will wear off soon....

5 comments:

Wes said...

Hey gurrrl! You got room down there for me? It's starting to get cold...

Anonymous said...

Love the cake. Yay for feeling well

Emma

Unknown said...

cute cake! what a fun theme for her party. :-)

Anonymous said...

"I have a Chart! ....

Can you see me shaking my head .... no - well try harder !!!
(just kidding....)

I had to talk Michelle into letting me have an Ice Cream cake for my birthday - I won - just :-)

Take care

Eat Em

Mary Sunshine said...

Such EXCITEMENT!!!!!! Thanks for posting all those pictures. They made me smile!