The crew of the good Ship LBTEPA would hereby like to issue a distress call. Nothing so severe or dramatic as a "Mayday!" but seriously, We Are Lost. We are eating and drinking like combine harvesters, can't form a positive thought to save our lives and have yet to establish a workable exercise routine. Despite loving our family and new life tremendously and not regretting The Move for one minute, we are so lonely that reading our Christmas cards made us cry because we miss our friends so much. It's a pretty lame scene on the poop deck these days.
We have seen the race shirts for the Olympic Distance tri we were thinking of doing and quite frankly they're not worth the effort. We would like to point out that 'the effort' is not only 1.5km swim, 40km bike ride and 1okm run but also a 600km round trip to Melbourne, and working out what to do with Noddie since J is working. I've never been this heavy and I feel disgusting. It's a big horrid cranky mess.
Quite obviously, I need A Chart. A Chart is The Answer. It's Always The Answer. Charts lead to movement and I'm so tired of being stuck. But what should be on it? Only my five faithful readers, fountain of all wisdom that you are, can help me. What do you do on a daily/regular basis that makes life full of energy and zing and purpose and fabulousness?
More anon - when I hear back from you!
PS I didn't kill the inlaws. It all went superbly :)
10 comments:
Ship Bekkles is in a very similar state of disrepute.
But my plan is to put one foot in front of the other. Walking first and building up to a run.
I have booked fortnightly PT sessions (just about bursting the budget) to keep me honest. So far I have to go there and say "honestly...I am still not eating well or exercising regularly" but it lets me see the time lapsing.
I am going to commit to 30mins exercise of some kind every day and hope to do a sprint distance tri in early March.
the most important thing though...
Be kind to yourself.
Celebrate forward steps, no matter how small.
Endorphins beget endorphins. Once we get our butts moving regularly again we'll remember how good it felt and won't want to eat so much before our next butt moving session
Keep blogging.
I think it helps
Should perhaps take some of my own advice...
I'd like to know the answer too. I guess life just gets like that sometimes. Maybe instead of a tri, go for something completely different.
Charts are awesome. I need me more charts. That way even if you don't feel like doing much, you can a least do a little. Little and often is the key anyways.
What makes me full of zing atm? I guess exploring new places. That and roll cake!
My office colleagues can always tell when I have or have not been out in the morning for a walk or run. I don't know how much walking you do, but I've learned to really love it. I suggest you put some walks on your chart. :-)
I spent a good week eating like crap over the holidays. I found that I subsequently felt like crap. And had no energy. Today I'm tossing out the goodies and starting fresh with clean eating. So maybe the chart needs to include days without the crap eating/drinking as well.
Those are my two suggestions. I know one thing. You know how to turn the ship around! Happy New Year!
answering the call! first i have to say from a writing point of view how much i loved the eating like a combine harvester line. even when you're having a bad time you are still so witty. anyway... I HEAR YOU dear buddy... i've been a slug of late and just finished my third choccie digestive biscuit before tapping out this comment. i wish i could wave a magic mojo wand but i think bekkles is right with her "endorphins beget endorphins" and kathryn with her "little and often". maybe start with a mini chart and have a really small and do-able thing like 20 minutes of daily exercise - and doesn't have to be hardcore - and do that for a week or so and let the momentum and the mojo slowly build?
It's that time of year where we all falter & stumble. All I'm doing is cutting back on my crap eating, and getting back into exercise by walking flat ground for an hour each day. Next week, I shall tackle the hill.
I hear you sister! I feel exactly the same way and know now that this is how Christmas is - too much eating and drinking - it's as if there is an automatic turning us all into sloths... I get to a point (takes a while) where I get so fed up with myself I actually force myself out on a walk. Mind you this has a lot to do with the weather, my hormones etc!
Keep up the witty comments - I loved combine harvester as well...
When in doubt ... make a Chart .... of course !!!
First point : Missing friends.
A tough one ... maybe someweekend trips to see them ?
The Melb Tri ... if you aren't excited by it - don't bother.
Motivation : just be like me ....anal. lol
Michelle has been ready to kill me this month as I tried to get to my yearly target in run kms & bike kms (made the run / missed the bike by 280kms.
So ...map out a training plan. Most important thing is it MUST be doable. Then just go out and DO IT.
If you miss a day don't try and make it up (the way I tried to make up for 7 weeks lost training in teh last month) - just move onto the next day.
Use 'KISS' ... and stay with it.
Then review it and up the workload.
You don't need a 'target' event - just train for the sake of training.
If all else fails - take uop lawn bowls.
Have a safe new year.
Eat Em
My chart would be:
20 min of daily activity
Time outdoors
2 fruits (or more)
3 veggies (or more)
Track my food
I hear you with feeling lost at sea. Hope we all spot shore soon!
everything has a value chica! I recommend MORE RED WINE while you ponder this :-)
Go the chart! You need momentum my friend- I had it just before Christmas and I am bringing it back! Eat what you want if you enjoy it.
(My word verification has the word 'arse' in it- hee hee) Sara
Post a Comment