BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's not me, it's you

Dear LBTEPA
what's going on here? What's changed between us? Things used to be so good. We got on so well - we could say anything to each other. I'd take on everything you said, with an open mind and open heart. You used to let it all hang out with me, say what you thought, tell of your adventures, philosophise, and let go with flights of fancy that went on for pages.
What's happened? When did I become another place where you felt awkward or ashamed or self conscious, or worried about what other people think? I'm sad that's happened. This isn't what we were about, darl. We were about living honestly, fear and self-doubt and whingeing and all. This was a place to speak your mind, all the grand and splendid and wonderful and bitchy and sooky and shallow bits. What happened?
Don't lose that, LBTEPA. I know you've been under the hammer this year, what with the move to Planet New and the new jobs and uni being all stupid and the marathon o' Stupid Determination. I know you're tired. Please don't go back down that road, my friend. Don't edit yourself. Be real, here with me. Who cares how many comments you get or what they say? We're about the writing. We're about the space to be yourself, and talk to other people on the same journey, and make friends who know the real you.
Don't leave me. Don't leave you.
Lots of love
Your Blog

9 much-appreciated comments:

Lisa said...

I agree with the blog. :-)

skinny latte said...

Have our blogs been talking to each other?! ;)

I have always loved your keeping-it-realness and hope it doesn't change.

Wes said...

to heck with all that. don't leave ME :-)

Wes said...

p.s. I would like to know my number (of the five faithful readers) :-D

Anonymous said...

I need you both to get along so I can hear the tales of triumph, woe, disease, triumph, adversity, triumph and many many race reports. I tune in for the whingeing- it makes me feel normal.

Paul said...

I back the blog too.

Tea said...

Oh my gosh, I thought it was a Dear JOhn letter at first. I really thought you were breaking up with your blog!

Keepin' it real, that's why I love you! I know whenever I stop by, I'm going to verbalize all the emotions and thoughts running through my head.

Anonymous said...

While The Blog was busy with a post I hope you were busy training for 'that' marathon ....

As always ... take care

Eat Em.

RunMumRun said...

I with Blog Boy