Friday, November 16, 2007

My brain hurts

The last three days I've been in the lab running analyses on my paltry data set and surpise surprise have found nothing approaching normality in the results so in order to fulfill the assumptions I've had to transform them all which helped with some but not all of them so then I ran my correlations and - hoorah! - found a significant positive correlation supporting my main hypothesis, but also - boo! - found a significant positive correlation between two of the factors of that scale and the dependent variable so I had to run partial correlations which immediately cancelled out the original significant finding (#$%*!).
*LATER: Hang on - I just worked out why that's not a bad thing, DOH! Jeez I'm slow...oh well, still 24 more sleeps to work on it.
It's Noddie's birthday on Sunday - we are making tiaras, don't you wish you were me? Of course you do. Tomorrow will be a slog of cleaning, cake making and icing, and decorating the house with ballons and streamers and Happy Birthday signs (here at chez LBTEPA we Do Not f#$% around on birthdays). Thank goodness I got the really hellish bit (shopping) out of the way this morning.

So I got nuffin what-so-evah for you today.
Good thing Kathryn tagged me the other day, eh?

Four dishes I like to cook:
1. Mrs. Miller’s chocolate cake – 3 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 250g butter…birthday decadence especially with butter icing. Mrs. Miller was a parent at St Bernard’s Bacchus Marsh when my mother taught there in about 200BC. She (Mrs. M) had 7 children so this is a BIG cake. So easy too – email me for the recipe
2. Boiled fruit cake. I can just about recite this recipe. Again, super easy and yummy.
3. Bread and butter pudding (are you seeing a theme here?
4. Cupboard surprise – when I look in the cupboard and am very surprised when there's somthing in there I can cobble together into a tasty repast (see also Fridge Surprise).
I don’t really like cooking which is why, when the Spousal Unit took over the cooking in order to avoid starvation when I was pregnant, I cunningly never took it back. Mwhahaha

Four qualities I love in people:
1. Kindness
2. Listening
3. Enthusiasm!
4. Reliability

Four places I have been:
1. Japan
2. Italy
3. Canada
4. Korea

Four things in my bedroom
1. The Spousal Unit
2. things I like to look at (besides the Spousal Unit)
· Jorg Schmeisser etching of sheep
· print of Monet’s Garden at Giverny
· Framed poem in Korean calligraphy
· Japanese woodblock print
3. Three clocks
4. My race bling, hanging from the corner of the mirror

Four dirty words I like to use:
1. Duty
2. Happy
3. Principles
4. Smeg

I tag Morsey, Jeanne and Lisa.

Smeg! I've just realised the time, I'm going home.
Have a great weekend all!

5 comments:

Wes said...

After that, my brain hurts too :-)

Duane said...

Wow, you are one of those in that upper stratosphere of smarts! Have a great weekend!

Bolder said...

hi there, following up with you and everyone on your offer for help!

the blog is up here:

http://bloggersagainstcancer.blogspot.com/

we are working through the name, and a graphic design... have a look!

LBTEPA said...

No smarts about it, guys I'm living proof that anyone can do statistics if they really have to and spend enough time banging their heads on it (sigh)

Anonymous said...

i am cool with the lab analysis and down with the tiara! But having the ability to fit both in to your life - woo! that is another story!