Saturday, November 10, 2007

Believe

This was going to be all long and profound but I want to have a nanna nap before Noddie insists that she's had a rest and wants to come out of her room now.
So.
This week I got to believe.
Believe that all those weeks of stumbling, half-arsed, half-hearted, half-baked efforts, all the stuff-ups, blow-ups, make-it-ups, I-give-ups, all the plugging away at The Plan despite feeling inadequate and helpless and undisciplined and doomed-to-be-lardy forever
- all that -
will get me where I want to go eventually if I just keep trying to do the right thing.
Yes. They will. I know this because
- the number on the scale on Friday started with a 7. O, how I have looked forward to this day!
- I rode my bike for more than an hour.
- I cranked out 2km in the pool. Then I entered the 4km swim I was wavering over because now I think I can do it.
Unimaginable.
But mine, mine, all mine!
Cos I kept at it. I gave up, threw up my hands, said it was too hard and I didn't care, lots of times - just ask the Spousal Unit. But I always got back to it. Now I have this week, and this happy feeling, to keep me going back to it.
Dream big, keep taking little steps, and believe.
I could be on to something.

In other news, it's Noddie's birthday next week and the guest list she dictated to her father is as follows:
Nanny and Pa
Gran and Grandad
Uncles, Aunts and cousins (assorted)
Dorothy
Glinda
5 little friends
Bob and Wendy
A, my best friend who lives in Perth
my naughty little sister and Bad Harry
Justine and Andrew from Play School. Mind you if Rhys popped in as well I wouldn't complain. Rwowr.
Should be a blast.

Bummer, there's Noddie already, finished adorning every inch of her bedroom floor with her toys and books and her paraphernalia and ready to start on the rest of the house.

*SUNDAY EDIT: The 7 has gone again, curse those mind-messing scales (and that chinese food). But I know what I saw.
More anon, jugglers!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glinda is just freaky!

Well done on the weight and the swimming and the bike riding :D

Anonymous said...

now i almost feel guilty for not running this morning. almost. i did yard work instead. i think that counts. and i'm going to take a bath. so my arms hurt (yard work) and i'm going to be in a pool (a very small one in the shape of a tub). that counts as swimming.

good going at staying disciplined.

MorseyRuns said...

I am madly jealous of the 7! How long will it take to swim that far? Do I have time to increase from 1.5km to 4km and join you?

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post. :) I had a similar revelation the other day :)

Hope you're having a fab weekend!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow -thanks for keeping me focussed - how you do it, but somehow you have a way of simplifying all that I try to make as hard as possible.
"dream big, keep taking little steps and believe"...what? you could write a book with this kind of inspiration :)

two thumbs up for achieving the big change to 7's. And the bike ride, and swim. Seriously.

Goood luck getting the Playschool team to come to the part :P

Jessie

Benson said...

What a great post and to hear you say the words I've been thinking about you. You always bounce up and thrill me. Hope you keep amazeing yourself.

Unknown said...

You.Can.Do.It.

I Believe. I really do.

Flea said...

Good on ya, it give me so much hope if I read this and to know I'm not the only one stuggling. Hey, come live in Perth now!! They recon our boom will last 10-20 more years? But ... housing is expensive, damn expensive!
I found two cool websites the other day, a weightloss.com.au one and calorieking.com.au
Very cool!! They recon if I follow their calorie diet I will loose 5kg's by 15 Dec.

KLN said...

Ooh, what a perfect message for me to find here today. THANK YOU. And congratulations for your fabulous accomplishments (and also on that yummy Cup Hat)!

Anonymous said...

Dream big, keep taking little steps, and believe.

Great motto!!

home fitness

ali4579@gmail.com said...

Wooohooo! Well done 70's girl (don't worry, it will be back before you know it!)

jeanne said...

stay off that MISERABLE LYING SCALE!

and I LOVE your motto! just what i needed this morning!

Dream big, keep taking little steps, and believe.

Wes said...

If you believe, you will achieve!! The 7 came by to show you anything is possible, just like that day I saw a 13.1 sticker on the back of somebody's car for the first time, and I understood.

Back at'em....