This is pretty much complaining so if you’re after inspiration you’d better go and read someone else’s blog – any one of my links actually!!
I’ve been sleeping so badly the last few weeks – I’m starting to feel actually depressed instead of just a bit tired/down, and that’s frightening me. Last night I tried to counter all the negative thoughts with postive ones so I could get back to sleep. It worked quite well. Here they are.
The Bulldogs lost. They’re a young side and they’ve played their hearts out this year. Can’t ask for more than that.
I’ve been feeling like crap for a few weeks. I had blood tests on Friday so if necessary my iron and thyroid tablets can be adjusted. Summer's coming, yay, and I'm getting over my cold too.
A glass of wine is not the answer to feeling tired and overwhelmed in the evenings. Last week I managed 2 AFD out of 7. This week I’ll be better. J and L are great helps with this, bless them.
Those new scales aren’t helping – having 10kg to lose instead of 6 just seems so much harder. Plan: weigh myself twice a week instead of daily. Scales in the cupboard not out on the floor.
I’ve eaten nothing but JUNK for the last 48 hours. That’s not completely true although there was a lot of treat eating and tired eating which is never pretty. And I did attempt some damage control with portion sizes and not eating chips and so on.
I haven’t done any work for uni for this whole term. Mainly because of the group project we’re stuck with which is giving me the pip BIG TIME. I just have to suck up my ‘issues’ and get stuck into it. *I’ve already done a little bit this morning and will do more shortly. I will learn from this and make sure I don’t get myself into a pressure situation again.
I’m very worried by the amount of time I spend not working at work. The soft-boiled eggs will surely hit the fan soon. I’ve come up with a Plan which I’ll start tomorrow morning – I’ll schedule 'blogging breaks' to pop up on the screen! If that doesn’t work I will try Plan B – asking our IT tech to cut my internet access until after 3pm. It would be easy to blame my boss for lack of direction and supervision – and I do!! - but I have to take my own responsibility and action as well.
I took our Staffy Rosie with me when I ran on Friday night. Gosh it was pleasant. I did 9km including a few hills, and got home just as the sky was darkening so I was bathed in the gorgeous golds and pinks of sunset all the time. I’m lucky.
4 comments:
Hi Alison
Sorry to hear yr feeling a bit flat, but looks like yr doing what it takes to fix it - so 'you go girl' right back! Don't just use that exercise bike for weightlifting when yr vacuuming, actually ride the sucker! LOL
I wish I could take my dog for walks, but there are so many dogs in our town and not as many responsible owners. I live in fear of another dog attacking him and ....well, lets just leave it at that... don't need to leave you with THAT image when you've shared such a pretty image of running in the sun.
Thx for emailing me, I think the beta Blogger has a lot to answer for in not allowing 'normal' bloggers to comment!
To save you having to think too hard, i've been recommending that people create an ID under both new and old bloggers and log in to the right one depending on what version people are using. (You can tell from the blogger bar at the top of the screen, it's different in beta blogger). You can still link yr blog, and put in the same display name, and you don't have to use that annoying ANONYMOUS to comment.
Hope I didn't confuse you too much.
Chin up, Chunky Hayley
PS - I did 4.7km's walking today! I'm so proud of myself!
Oh Ali. I know you don't want sooky sympathy so I won't offer it.
You were the one who showed me that alot of these things are a culmination of sleep deprivation, female hormones, diet etc etc. You've also run through those issues in this post so I know you'll be working through them one at a time.
The only thing I can possibly say here is - Breathe and make time for you.
P.S. I'm so with you on the 'blogging takes too much time' issue.
I didn't know that you also have a Staffy?? How about a pic?
I really need to learn how to speak aussie! I know--you should publish an aussie slang guide! What the heck is a staffy?? AFD???
anyway, nothing is worse than not being able to sleep. I've been going through that myself lately. I have some relaxation cds that i occasionally use. they help stop the endless voices in my end. (Yes, there are voices in my head. that doesn't sound so good, huh.)
Where you live sounds GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment