Well blow me down with a feather but even after only one run in the last 9 days I have not lost all my leg strength and endurance. I didn't time tonight's 8km but I was happy with the effort I was able to sustain, especially as I am still a bit croaky from the Bastard Cold. From now until Oct 8th I am going to write "2.29" on my hand every day, to remind me to refrain from eating Noddie's leftovers or over-indulging in the vino. MUST. STOP. EATING.
Note to self: do some hills between now and race day or Fitzroy Street will make you cry.
On Sunday I'm going out with the scary speedy greyhound coolrunners at Brimbank Park for my last 20km before the Melbourne Half. This will numb me nicely for the footy in the afternoon. I'm trying not to think about either thing much - have you noticed your mind almost physically flicks away from subjects which it anticipates will be painful? Or is that just me?
4 comments:
Bravo on getting through 8k!
Thanks for your comment, you motivated me to try my last run w/o a walk break--successfully, I might add! I'm upping the distance a smidge tomorrow and trying to avoid the walk break again for 2 miles this time. So thanks for the encouragement:-)
I think it's neat you are getting ready for a half, GL!
GO RUNNING GIRL, GO!
I found your blog via a link from others and enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing 'your story', a fantastic, lighthearted read - look forward to reading your next blog instalment.
Hi there! Managed to find your blog after some surfing of coolrunning. Nice to see it all seems to be coming together, aside from the cold anyway.
Poor Rob has fallen off the rails with his running a bit of late, but I'm working on him now to get him started again. I think it really helped him having you to run with, so I might see what he's up to and get him to contact you should you still be willing to add another to your morning group.
Best of luck with Melbourne too, I'd had it planned but hurt my achilles and have only recently started running again.
Post a Comment