Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vitamin C, how I love thee

Can this be true? I'm not sure if I can believe it: I'm suspicious that it might be temporary and I shouldn’t get my hopes up or enjoy it too much....
Bah! Caution to the winds I say! Let’s strike up the band, bring out the dancing girls and cue the trumpet fanfare because ….
I FEEL WELL

I didn’t realise iron was so complicated - apparently my blood was full of the uncooperative (I envision it as lumpy?) un-absorbable type of iron and sorely lacking in the helpful pep-you-up with-vim-and-vigour sort. My doctor suggested I start taking vitamin C to get the good stuff where it ought to be, so I dragged my weary carcass to the chemist and purchased some large orange tablets to add to the array I chug down each day (I’m not joking when I tell you I rattle when I walk).
So yesterday afternoon I was conscious of a strange feeling of…energy. The walk to the station was about a mile shorter. Yesterday evening I didn’t lurch from the table to the kitchen to the couch, wishing it was early enough to decently go to bed. This morning I didn’t wake up and think “oh f#$%, I have to get up”.
I FEEL WELL!

How long have I been under-par that I can hardly remember feeling this good? I’m rather pathetically hoping this isn’t some kind of illusion that will wear off. But just this moment I don’t care.
I FEEL WELL!!!

4 comments:

Cinders said...

That is really good news.

Anonymous said...

YAY!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!

So excited for you! Just like fine-tuned machines, we just need a little tweaking every once and a while. Does this mean good things for the racing plans this weekend?

Spark Driver said...

Woohoo that is great news. Hope you are back to full steam soon.