Sunday, April 30, 2017

Climb every mountain

See this woman? Not me, obvs. She is doing an exercise which I am assured is called a mountain climber. Last week I was doing a variation of this exercise where I started in the position shown, and then swapped legs by jumping.  I mightn't have explained this properly but try your best to imagine it as it Will Not be on y0utu8e. This may seem unremarkable to my five faithful readers, but when I first started back at the gym in January, I couldn't do it. I worked on my core and my glutes all last term, and now I can do it! I am stoked!! Yay! At the 'mo I am doing 3 sets of 5, but by the end of May I will be doing 3x10, I promise! I'm certain that a remarkable improvement in my running cannot be far behind.
In other (ahem) 'exciting' news, I accidentally did a 18.5km walk instead of the 14 I planned, and finished at the same pace as my last half marathon in October! I have 3 months until my next half mara, during which time I will a) incorporate running into my long workouts and b) drop a few kg, so I am now officially gunning for a new post-reco PB. Yay!
I didn't have enough nutrition with me so I was ever so happy to get back to the car.
More anon, sweater girls!


3 comments:

cilosophy said...

Yays to all of this!

Tea said...

Yay!!

MorseyRuns said...

I put Mountain climbers and Burpees in the same bucket of "yeah, nah" especially if someone is watching! Sorry we didn't catch up this week- so close and yet so far:(