It's all tragically Captain Obvious, but isn't everything in hindsight? Maybe my tale will help others.... #sofullofmyselfLOL
Anyway, the other day, my gym companion (the lovely Noddie) pranced over and proudly announced that she'd run 10 minutes non stop on the treadmill at 8km/hr. She's been working on improving her cardio so she was stoked about it. I was actually thrilled and proud of her, really I was, and I tolde her so, but I must confess also to shame, disappointment, and to spending time in the what a loser I am I'm kidding myself I'll never do (top secret unmentionable goals) I might as well give up headspace. I've tried running at 8km/hr and generally manage about 3 minutes before running out of
Luckily just then the LBTEPA brains trust galloped into town, six-shooters blazing, and smacked me over the head with their white hats. How about you set the treadmill a bit slower? they said, in slow, patient voices. Oooohhhh.... I said, I hadn't thought of that. I was too busy wallowing in being a failure ....
We know, they said, before riding off into the sunset, shaking their heads.
Twenty minutes. Minute after minute after minute. Not stopping.
Thanks Noddie!
More anon, penny droppers!

4 comments:
yays!
yeah baby! :)
You are an effing legend!
Yes. Absolute Legend.
Post a Comment