No long walk last week, the Ballarat rellies arrived unexpectedly so we all went to the beach. Fret not, avid trackers of ESM* training, I'm still On Schedule so it wasn't a drama.
I was very happy about a couple of exercise-related things on the weekend (I was happy about a lot of things, but this blog isn't about hot cross buns): firstly, I got to the end of the music on my ip0d! It's in alphabetical order (don't judge), so when Abba rang in my ears on Friday, I knew I had spent more than 21 hours walking over the last few weeks. This pleases me enormously.
The other happy thing was a lovely walk with the family along the backwater to the Entrance and back along the beach. It was very nice to be out, but the most exciting thing is that it was sand all the way. Sand, as my five faithful readers will know, is the enemy of the unstable gait. Wet sand and walking lopsided in the water on a sloping beach, even more so. But I did it, and I have had no achilles niggles! This. Is. Huge.
More anon, wave-jumpers!
Gosh we live in a nice place
*Extremely Slow Marathon

2 comments:
No. You live in a beautiful place. :)
Isn't it ironic that ABBA is first on my iPod too?
You are very brave, I avoid sand like it is quicksand! I love those posho hot cross buns with proper peel and delicate spices and then filled with little easter eggs then put into the sandwich press:)
sara
Post a Comment