Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy

I'm in a good place lately. I like it. I am seeing myself as an athlete again. I'm feeling proud of my strength and how it's gradually increasing. I'm stepping back from comparisons with my old self and with others. I love being outside on my own exercising, listening to music and concentrating on holding my form and on my hydration and nutrition strategies. I'm so buzzed on my long walk/runs - because yes, my friends, I'm doing a teeeeeny little bit of running on my long runs now, just 30sec every 3 minutes, not enough to piss off the achilles but keeping the pace up - that I'm enjoying my gels!
I've no doubt this enthusiasm will ebb and flow, and there will be other sufferfests as well as superwoman days, but geez, peeps, I travelled 18km on foot last Friday! It was meant to be 17.5 but the mozzies were so feral I had to keep going until the Spousal Unit came to pick me up. Me, all by myself! No achilles pain, plenty of core/lower back/bum soreness - just as it should be. I got into my post-run compression tights for the first time in forever, 'cause I'm seeing myself as that sort of athlete again. I'm saving my injini toes socks until I go over 20km, though. Can't be too excitable.
 I love the rail trail
More anon, sweaters!

2 comments:

Tea said...

Excellent! You are and always will be an athlete.

Tea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.