Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A, B and C

A) I'd just like to thank the developers and manufacturers of amoxycillan for their fine work. Sleep! Energy! Not wanting to tear off your own head and get it over with! Yay!
B)
Squee!!!! According to The ESM* Schedule, I'll be walking well over 21km by then so this should be a Nice Day Out with a few thousand of my closest friends . The website specifies no cutoff time, but says they'll put you on the footpath if you look like taking more than four hours. a) I plan to finish around then, and b) I've been on the footpath before, so  c) I don't care, so long as they give me a medal at the end. I neeeeeed some bling.
You know what I love about this whole racing bizzo? It's familiar. I know what to do. I know how to do it. I know how to be tired, or discouraged (bloody hell who knew how hard it is to stand on one leg and keep your hips and shoulders level? I'm up to 15 seconds now...can world domination be far off?)  or sick, and yet be aware that this is part of the process. If I keep going I'll get there, and there is somewhere big and cool and amazing. It's such a lovely feeling. If I bang on and on about it, it's becuase I've missed it so much that I get teary thinking about it, and I'm just so bloody grateful to be back doing this thing I love. Slowly and heavily, but out there Dreaming Big again.
C) Noddie is teaching me to tap dance! It's a) very hard on the tragically weak LBTEPA calves, ankles and core b) very good for the tragically poor LBTEPA balance and co-ordination, and c) really good fun!
More anon, step-touchers!
*Extremely Slow Marathon

2 comments:

Tea said...

I admit. I let out a SQUEEEE myself when I read this!

MorseyRuns said...

Me too- about the tap dancing especially:) And just so you know, I have been calling it the Extremely Successful Marathon. Sara