Friday, February 06, 2015

and I quote

crikey I'd better get scribbling like a lunatic if I'm to be able to tick off two 'blog' boxes on The Chart. It's day six of the 'no sugar' Febfast thingy I'm doing. Unfortunately I've just realised I'm doing it wrong! My approach is to refrain from cake, jellybeans, chocolate, soft drink, honey, stewed fruit, flavoured yoghurt, biscuits, etc etc etc. From my reading of the challenge website and also an article in today's paper, that is uber-wimpy and not nearly hardcore enough. These people are giving up everything that has any sugar at all in it! Bread! Sweet chili sauce! Milk! Sorry if people want their donations back....but feel free to donate if you would like to. It's for a good cause.
Now this is absolutely not a 'weight loss blog', but my five faithful readers will be aware that I have been saddened and frightened by the amount of lard I am currently carrying. I decided not to even try running until I shed 8.5kg, so as to try and preserve what's left of my knees. So it was with great satisfaction that I noted a 1.5kg loss when I weighed myself this morning. Once a week only, chickies, I promise - keeping an eye on things but not messing with my own head too much. With the help of my food log - oh, the number of times I must have grazed mindlessly, I find myself turning to the pantry all the time - The Chart - I'll split my exercises into 3 10-minute blocks if that's all the time I have, so ardent is my desire to Tick Another Box - and the Great Sugar Shake-up, I'm feeling better than I have for ages, and also the most hopeful. Hope is good.
clever, yet profound...
More anon, scribblers!

2 comments:

Tea said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!! I follow a "less sugar plan".It's not really a formal thing. I've found that Sugar really makes me gain weight. There are things I don't want to give up, like my afternoon tea with sugar. SO, I don't do it perfectly either. But if it results in a loss, that's what matters.

I am SO SO Happy you feel better. That makes me smile. This is me smiling ---> :)

MorseyRuns said...

Pffffft. I find it hard to give up on a whole food group too! I have given up as much of the usual stuff that I can, but you can prise my bread from my cold and clammy hands! Good work Al, I weigh myself, and I don't stress about the numbers but I strut around and high five myself when I see the numbers I like:) Keep up your astonishingly good work. Sara