I had a very triggering conversation with a friend yesterday. It was very upsetting, but helpful in that it led me to the following conclusion: the only way to let go of shame is to sit with how sad and sometimes frightening it is that so much (of a given situation) is out of our (my) control.
I don't know what I'm going to do about this new understanding or where it will lead me. It feels more peaceful. At least I don't feel ashamed any more.
More anon, groovers
2 comments:
Hurrah for booting shame out the door. That sucker is never a welcome visitor.
I'm a control freak who thinks that I should always be able to fix everything, given enough time, information, commitment, cash or whatever. Sadly, that isn't how the world works and we have to find ways to deal with the random and unfair shit that we cop at times.
I hope that you can figure out an approach that works for you.
Sometimes the smallest steps take us to the biggest places.
Post a Comment