Thursday, May 09, 2013

two steps forward

Mobile eftpos machine, business cards, bank account - tick
Medicare number, practice management software, rug - tick
Charming print of zen garden, new (serious business lady) boots, clock - tick hahahahahaha see what I did there?
Weights, exercise bike, core work - tick
Suddenly extremely sore and tender ankle, rush trip to Melbourne to see the surgeon and two weeks extra in the boot - tick. Boo! But all turned out to be well and I bought a new dress so no worries.

 In other news, a woman I work with was going on about how she told someone she had gained 10kg and they just nodded and said mmmmm instead of no! that can't be true! and she was all upset. I took her aside and shared the LBTEPA Secret Method for Gaining 10kg (if you must):
1. Buy some bigger clothes so you are comfy and look nice.
2. Wear Fabulous Lipstick At All Times (especially important if you are temporarily unable to wear fabulous shoes), and, most importantly,
3. DON'T MENTION IT. Extensive research by the LBTEPA Institute of Living Well Is The Best Revenge has shown that people are far more likely to focus on kindness, charm, and fabulousness than on lard.
Trust me.


More anon, hoppy-go-kickers!

1 comment:

cilosophy said...

I like your last phrase best.
Add a great haircut.