Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Live long and prosper

Should any of my five faithful readers be so lacking in diverting activities as to be inclined to read aallllll the way back through the last five or six years of the Chronicles of LBTEPA (PLEASE DON'T. somuchwhining) they would note a common theme of posts from this time of year, to whit: I AM SICK. Noddie is sick. We are the house of broken sleep and phlegm. Buy panad0l shares. The weather has turned and I've caught a bug and my sinuses have embraced it like a long-lost brother. Aha! It must be May!
Interestingly, realising this makes it easier to manage without diving into the (very tiring) I don't manage my health I am a bad weak person and should try harder pool. I need to rest and take my wonderful wonderful antibiotics , and maybe, just maybe, try and take this all into account if I ever decide to do a winter marathon again. I'll hit the (real) pool again on the weekend.
This leads me to another really cool thing that's happened lately.
I'm having a bit of a phase of really really cool things happening lately, aren't I? I'm thoroughly enjoying and appreciating every minute of it too! But I digress.
The other day I was watching the Port Macquarie Ir0nman on tv and I was thinking about what Ironman I would do if I ever did one - Busselt0n is just so very far, Melbourne sells out, Port Macquarie is very hilly and gravity and I and the bike just don't get on. No big thing, one might think; just an idle reverie. But it's not so long ago that I couldn't even think about racing or even exercising again. I still can't, not properly, but my mind isn't flicking away instinctively from the painfully terrifying thought of what I never...?  that tangled around even the smallest ideas of riding or running. I think I protected that little tiny hope from the monster avalanche of fear in my head by hiding it deeply away. I couldn't let it out for fear it might be lost. But it's a persistent little bugger, God bless it, and it seems safe enough now to give it a bit of air and sunshine. We'll see what happens.
The extra really super cool thing about to happen is that I'm zooming off to the big smoke this arvo to catch up with the survivors of my Master's course for a lovely bitchfest dinner and catch-up, and then on Thursday I'm graduating!! A mortarboard at last! They didn't hand that pointy headgear out willy-nilly to high school students and undergrads in my day, dearies, oh no they didn't. I've waited a very long time for this. We're all very excited, especially Noddie as she (naturally) needed a new outfit.
Here's to stunning new phases, darls!

More anon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for graduation and new frocks! Enjoy walking across the stage.

Emma

Unknown said...

WoooHooo! Happy Gradutation!!

michellec said...

I think I just saw you graduate. Congratulations

Tea said...

Congratulations! It I weren't caught up in my own bitchfest, I would have said it sooner.

Good things are heading your way.