so I rested my ankle for two weeks as the physio said, and then I went for a nice little short run in the rain and wind (it's been really terrible, half the district is under water ) and it was so great and I felt so alive and happy and then afterward I iced it as per said physio advice and it was so painful it almost burned and it's been really sore all day today so I went to the dr again and he said I need a CAT scan and maybe an MRI and not to run or cycle (b/c clipping out hurts my ankle) until it's all sorted out which could be a while so no Gold Coast half marathon and quite likely no Melbourne marathon because that's 16 weeks away and I'd need to get to work now if I was taking a tilt at it again.
I am so sad about this. I don't want to go to Queensland now. I don't want to be near another race I'm not doing. Not again. I'm so sad.
Everlasting injury BS makes for boring blogging I know Obut I need to write this down somewhere otherwise my head will EXPLODE. This is STUPID. I was just buying some prawns FFS. I AM SO UPSET.
I don't want my ankle to be trashed. I want to run and train and sweat and RACE and GET BLING. I am disappointed and angry and sad and sad and sad.
My CAT scan is tomorrow morning and I should hear the results within the week. Then we'll see what's next.
Oh well.
More anon, plodders on!

2 comments:
I'm not sure what to say other than try to find something that you CAN do that you can learn to love. I've had to learn to find joy in walking because my knee doesn't always cooperate with running. It's taken me awhile to get to the point where I'm not frustrated that I can ONLY walk sometimes, but once I figured out how to live in the moment and find joy in what I CAN do, it really changed my mood. I hope the same for you. *hugs*
Oh Alison, so sorry to hear about the ailments. Wishing you well is my top priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment