Another trip to the dr, $75 (!?!?!) at the chemist and a day spent alternating between vinegar baths and the armchair closest to the heater and I've finally got the unmentionable-in-mixed-company things that have been making life miserable mostly settled down and had something like a night's sleep. Generally I think it's a great gift to be female, but this week I'd forego lipstick and heels and shave every day in a heartbeat. It's been pointed out to me that this rampaging unmentionable-in-mixed-company may have had something to do with Monday's debacle. Meh.
Strangely enough I had to have another day off training yesterday. I did try a short ride - yes I do need my head read but who among us hasn't been in that frantic OMFG it's only (x days) until (scary event) gotta get something done headspace? This time before Very Slow Marathon #1 I'd already chalked up a 30km and a 33km, then did another 33 and a 35 after that. If all goes well in the next weeks hahahahaha I'll have managed two 27s, one 30km and a 32km. Good thing GCM isn't my A race. It's looking like being a train crash.
More anon, expectation-lowerers!
Strangely enough I had to have another day off training yesterday. I did try a short ride - yes I do need my head read but who among us hasn't been in that frantic OMFG it's only (x days) until (scary event) gotta get something done headspace? This time before Very Slow Marathon #1 I'd already chalked up a 30km and a 33km, then did another 33 and a 35 after that. If all goes well in the next weeks hahahahaha I'll have managed two 27s, one 30km and a 32km. Good thing GCM isn't my A race. It's looking like being a train crash.
More anon, expectation-lowerers!
6 comments:
Just remember - you aren't injured, you CAN run. So go out and do it!! :-)
I heard a good one the other day - it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, so long as it has wine in it :)
hang in there!
where do you find these pictures!? i cannot stop laughing at that dalek and now i have to compose myself to type the serious part of this comment in which i say... my sympathies comrade, and hope the rest of the week is kinder!
OMG, I laughed so hard at this post! Of course, I'm laughing at the POST and not at YOU.
I really do hope the week gets better. The race will be what it will be. It'll hurt no matter what.
Oh, I guess that wasn't what you needed to hear.
Let me change that: YOU'LL ROCK THE RACE!!
Yes, Alison, but the important thing is that this time round you have 12-months of training in your legs and all those runs you did last year are there in your muscle memory. So whilst you may not have the value of recent k's under your belt, you have much better overall conditioning. Trust me, that will count for heaps! Cheers, Paul :-)
Post a Comment