DONE
Train for 6 months
Practice nutrition plan ALL HAIL THE NUTRITION PLAN!
Lurch from one virus to another. Ignore them all, keep training.
Get fabulous shirt
Come down with severe bronchitis ten days out
Recover to about 75% by race day
Revise target finish time upward
Raise more than $1600 for CanTeen
Attend marathon opening ceremony
Feel overwhelmed, want to cry/be sick/run away
Get race advice from Deek!!! (swoooon)
(for my US readers, that's like getting a hug and a pep-talk from Bill Rogers)
Peer through MCG Gate C to finish line. Get all teary.
Tape toes
Stick motivational sayings to gels
Conditions are never just right.
-this is the day that the Lord has made! We will rejoice, and be glad in it.
- I am marvellously made
- you PAID to do this
- think of the BLING
- one step at a time, one km at a time, one marathon at a time.
- the MCG awaits you!
- hills schmills, I've run bigger than this at 4.30 am
- I deserve to be here.
- the finish IS there.
Put marathon mix onto 1p0d. Seven hours exactly, because that's all I'll need
Charge 1p0d
Write name on race number so people can cheer me personally
Pin race number on shirt
Wear shirt around house looking in mirrors and reflective surfaces
Write reminders on hands
LH - Happy with my pace
RH - Patience
Message written on arm by Noddie
Pack-lipstick
-sunblock
-bodyglide
-water bottle belt
-gels
-sinus stuff, puffer
-sunnies
-clean socks and t-shirt
-phone, money
-fleecy
Make breakfast
Set out clothes
-hat
-sports bra
-shirt
-undies
-shorts
-socks
-shoes
-watch
-old jumper to wear to start
TO DO
Watch inspiring y0utu6e clips
Paint red race nails
Watch marathon challenge one more time (poor J, he's so nice to me)
Watch last half hour of Run Fatboy Run" (I have to go to bed early tonight)
Sleep
Show up
Run
Finish
Celebrate
6 comments:
Thinking of you!! Have a great race!!!
Red is fast! Go go go!!
I was going to try to look up your results - and then I realized that they probably wouldn't be listed under LBTEPA. :-)
LBTEPA! You are a winner. You have done an amazing job in the past 6 months no matter what happens tomorrow! All the very best, I'll be thinking of you and sending you all the clear chested, stamina vibes I can muster!
You're an inspiration
My thoughts are with you all day long... can't wait to hear the story! GO GO GO!
So proud of you... Those sunnies were HAWT too :-)
Post a Comment