55 km, 2:32. Just the thing for the first day of summer - 700+ happy, friendly women enjoying cameraderie and adventure on a beautiful Saturday morning. Nancy please note matching lippy and nails, I'm keeping up the standard mate! I was thinking of it as a bit of a practice for the Olympic tri I'm vaguely kind of sort of at the back of my mind considering in January, so my nutrition strategy was water every 15 minutes, and starting an hour in, half an energy bar every half hour. It worked really well; I never had that awful, morale-sucking weariness and finished well capable of tackling the rest of the day - I went straight from the ride to a 4th birthday party (arrgghh), then our friends had a sherbet-fuelled barbecue in the evening. Thanks to my good planning I was able to tough it out :P
We are having a lovely quiet morning after yesterday's craziness. Christmas carols are on shuffle on the cd player and J and Noddie are decorating the tree. I'm thrilled to state that Noddie is vigorously spurning the tasteful, less-is-more approach to tree ornamentation.I must get back to the bastard thesis (I'm hoping to knock it over today, then next week will be a matter of small revisions and formatting), but first must share with you the utter fabulousness of Geekgirl and SB : they are running the Las Vegas marathon dressed as Elvis, helping to set a world record of running Elvi!
BTW, I just turned over my calendar and found this.
12 comments:
LOL!!! Oh my Aussie Gal!! Riding 33 miles and then having to go to a party is just torture :-P :-P
Dee Dee says, "What the hell was that?" at the back of your calendar :-)
Ohmigod you are amazing- 55km cycle then a room full of 4 year olds. You deserve to spend today in bed. I wish I had a tree here in Melbourne but I have to wait until I get to the farm to see what Mum has "borrowed" from the side of the road, at midnight, in full camo gear.
I was wondering what is the energy bar - is it carb or protein and is it better than like a gatorade for a nutrition strategy?
Thanks for your answer. I am doing a karate grading next week and I get tired after about 45 mins and wasn't sure if I should try something with some energy in it, I have diabetes and don't want anything too high carb though because it makes me really tired. I am not sure what the best plan for me is.
Ohhhh, summer, what a lovely thought. It is bitter cold and snowing here, and I am about to bring my bike off the sunporch, into the house, and on the trainer for the next 4 months.
CONGRATS on a great ride!
Well done - 55kms and a kids party. I can't believe how much Noddie looks like you.
That bike ride sounds AWESOME. Wish I had been there. I'm jealous, mostly in a good way, but then sort of not in such a good way when I think about the recent weather up here in the northern hemisphere, but mostly in a good way. :)
I was riding Beach Road on Saturday morning - saw all the girls heading south but didn't spot you .... :-(
Take care
Eat Em
Looks like a blast!!! Great picture! Love your lipstick!
Now that looks like fun with a capital F!! I love the lippie too, good girl :-)
Wow, Noddie certainly looks like mum, and oih lookie at all that Harry Potter books!
congrats!!! i would have had to come home and die after riding that far. I guess that's why they invented practice. You look like you were out for a stroll, all dolled up! Just LOOK at how far you've come since the troubles!!!
Matching lips and nails!! Well done! Yes, you can't very well match the blue helmet without the medical assistance growing concerned about the oxygen supply to your extremities.....
Post a Comment