Sunday, December 09, 2007

172, 129, 77, 7

172 - days since ankle reconstruction surgery
129 - days since plaster was removed so I could swim again
77 - days since I got the all clear to run and ride
7 - minute PB today for 500/20/5, yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa!


Do you like my medal*? Even though there weren't any other Athenas, I think I earned it! BTW that thing Noddie is holding and in which she is so very interested is a sandwich.
More anon, darlings.
*It has "women's 65+" engraved on it cos they weren't expecting me, but they promised to send me another one ROFL

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And you look brilliant (love the top). You definitely are the goddess of kick ass!

Kathy said...

Woohoo! Way to go lbtepa!

What a fabulous achievement. You rock.

MorseyRuns said...

Great work! Congratulations and take THAT you nasty people, you know who you are. You are so impressive.

Anonymous said...

As one of those "nasty people" I offer congratulations on your results. A PB is always what most athletes strive for. Now you have a time to try and beat in your next event.

The lady who was just ahead of you was your age group. Another 5 seconds faster and you would have got you another slot up in your age group. Would the knowledge that this person was in your category made you go just that little bit faster?

For competing and doing a PB - Congrats.
For going to EOC to be the only Athena and then saying the medal was "earned" - Not impressed.

Super Slow Bloke.

Unknown said...

A personal best?! WoooooHoooo!!!

Shauna said...

onya matey! :)

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Weren't expecting you? Geeesh. Get it together people!

Anyway, you look fabulous and a HUGE congrats on the PB!

Wes said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, girlfriend! Wah to go!!!!! You are the awesomest :-)

IronTriTim said...

Nice job. PB and silverware couldn't ask for more.

The Candid Bandit said...

Congratulations!

I bet you are STILL grinning from ear to ear!

I have to apologise to the moon and back for not pulling my finger out of my ring and getting the post up for you (as requested in email). I am so very sorry. There is no excuse. I was just lazy and hadn't done it. :(

Again, congratulations!

P.S. I just noticed my word verification is 'limppest'...

Nancy Toby said...

This is the Athena division that they weren't going to have?

DAMN STRAIGHT you earned that medal!!

Well done!!!!!

Nancy Toby said...

And until you see those Clydesdales handing back in their medals because they didn't think they "earned" them - wear yours proudly because YOU DID.

Simlin said...

You look stunning, smiling ear to ear...glad you entered and enjoyed it!

Cinders said...

You are a champion - well done :)

Anonymous said...

no pain, no gain
:-)

Eat Em

IHateToast said...

yet noddie is more impressed by that thing in your ear.

what is it? debris smashed times?

S. Baboo said...

Great job! I stil have a trophy that has "open" taped over "youth"...not sure where that little gem has gotten off to.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Great job! I envy the shorts and sleevless tops - we'll all in our fleece up here...