Sunday, December 16, 2007

It seemed like a good idea at the time

to celebrate the end of the academic year with a 4km swim...
and it was!
I was going to do a race report but you've all been so sweet about the last one LOL and the technicalities of open water swimming - sight up-swell of the bouys so you're using the swell direction to keep swimming straight, for example - are a bit esoteric and lacking in that pep and punch with which I try to endow my posts.
I had such a good time I don't feel like thrashing the details to death - it was well organised, the rain wasn't too hard and flattened the waves down a bit, I was pleased with my time, and the sausage in bread (with onions and sauce) I had in the warm car afterwards as the rain poured down was one of the yummiest things I've ever eaten.

5 comments:

jeanne said...

it seemed like a good idea and it WAS a good idea!!

yay you!

Wes said...

Screw that!!! Details please :-)

IHateToast said...

when it comes to open water thwimmink, i'm totally sapphic: i don't like buoys.

i'm with wes. details.

Margaret said...

Sausage in bread with onion and sauce is just the BEST way to reward yourself for anything!!! In fact I think I deserve a reward just for writing this :)

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. x

The Candid Bandit said...

Wow. You never cease to amaze me.

I hope you are amazing yourself.