There’s something about the huge, headachingly gritted-teeth, not speaking harshly, desperate-temper-keeping-so-as-not-to-provoke-an-infuriating-reflex-“NO!” part of a day spent with a tired almost-3 year old, while simultaneously doing the post–holiday cleaning and washing and devising a stream of distractions/not-too-challenging-but-not-just-TV activities, and trying to enjoy being with her and feeling guilty and dreadful because I love her more than anything but almost hate her when she’s being so very contrary, that makes me want to EAT. And eat. And eat.
Anaesthesia by carbs.
And Noddie’s food is so yummy and comforting – mmmmmmmm vegemite sandwiches, baked beans, vegie burgers……
But I didn’t steal any while I was preparing it. Or cleaning it up off the floor. And I didn’t eat any of her leftovers.
The chardonnay was not so lucky.
I did the best I could yesterday. I’ll do better next time.
Non-whingeing news:
My new Habit of the Week (HOTW) = drink at least 1.5L of water every day. People swear by it, so I'll give it a bash.
I ran twice over the weekend, totalling 18km. FIGJAM, eh?
4 comments:
Oh you so wrote this for me! Since yesterday I feel the same. Mine is more in the line of: Am I the only one who can see the toilet and shower needs a scrub, am I the only one who can see the crumbs or dog hair on the carpets, do the dishes or hang up the towels. I was near tears! Being housewife, mother and student sometimes just suck!
I wish you were here, we could have a good rant and go out for coffee and leave studies and bubs to the hubs!
Hope you feel better today. Well done on the eating part, I still get caught in the left over trap. LOL we don't want to give it to our Labrador because he'll get fat and athiritis and I feel to guilty to throw it out, so guess who eats it!
Maybe I should just give it to the dog!
I hope you have some interesting reading material stuck to the back of your toilet door, for all that extra 1.5L.
As long as the 18km's and the chardonnay don't go together you're doing v v v v well! Congratulations!
Ah, do I know these days! In my case, they're with a classroom of 13-year-olds with a sense of entitlement, followed closely by the resident 15-year-old at my house. In my case, it's usually anything that tastes like Margaritas.
Post a Comment